Windows 10: reconvert from Desktop to Word

Discus and support reconvert from Desktop to Word in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Someone converted my Word-Documents files into Desktop. When I open one it comes out in code. How do I convert it back to Word-Documents?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BetsyTan, May 8, 2021.

1. BetsyTan Win User

reconvert from Desktop to Word

Someone converted my Word-Documents files into Desktop. When I open one it comes out in code. How do I convert it back to Word-Documents?

:)

BetsyTan, May 8, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2021
  3. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 8, 2021
  4. JOE1865 Win User

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. reconvert from Desktop to Word - Similar Threads - reconvert Desktop Word

2. Word tmp files showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word tmp files showing on desktop.: Office 365 word docs creating tmp files on the desktop. I tried to change the location to a new tmp folder which worked for a few days and now it returned. I have hidden files enable, but I can't do that for every new document. OS WIN 10 1909, 64BIT...
  3. Word tmp files showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word tmp files showing on desktop.: Office 365 word docs creating tmp files on the desktop. I tried to change the location to a new tmp folder which worked for a few days and now it returned. I have hidden files enable, but I can't do that for every new document. OS WIN 10 1909, 64BIT...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  6. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. desktop documents changed from pdf to word

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop documents changed from pdf to word: My desktop icon documents changed from pdf to Word, how do I change them back to pdf. I don't know what I did to change them I didn't want to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-documents-changed-from-pdf-to-word/ba62052a-9bbd-4b0a-a391-2f43a2b8f699
  8. Can’t open word from desktop or App Store

Can’t open word from desktop or App Store: i cant open word from my desktop or the App store! The icon loads but when i touch it to open it it just reloads. Ive tried to open it from the App store but cant do anything at all from there! Under the W app symbol on my desktop is a cloud with downward pointing arrow. I...
  9. WORD ICON ON DESKTOP

WORD ICON ON DESKTOP: I have several word documents on my desktop that are formatted for word with the W icon. But my MAIN word icon(shortcut) is white with NO word on it. I thought I repaired it last night but this morning it is back "white again". All my other microsoft icons on my desktop...
  10. blue circle on Word desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue circle on Word desktop shortcut: why is there a blue circle on word shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-circle-on-word-desktop-shortcut/83b1a842-1bf3-4c68-9a5e-5caa4e57697f