Windows 10: Record entire screen using Game Bar

Discus and support Record entire screen using Game Bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, my challenge is how to make the game (screen) recorder to capture whatever/everything/anything that is being done on my screen. So far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Record entire screen using Game Bar

Hello everyone, my challenge is how to make the game (screen) recorder to capture whatever/everything/anything that is being done on my screen. So far I have observed that the Win+G function only captures what is being done only on the active window when the function was launched.

For instance, when screenshotting, there are two basic ways namely:

• Screenshot of active window only = Alt + PrtScr
    • Screenshot of entire screen = PrtScr

I'm looking for the screen video recording equivalent of these two commands (if such exist). Does anyone know a command that will allow a user to record video of the entire screen, or do I have to rely on a third-party application to do that?

***Modified title from: Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function***

:)

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Aug 9, 2019
  2. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Bhrayan23 Win User
    Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording

The Windows 10 game bar does not support recording all the games, and the error message you received may indicates that the gameplay blocks the game bar from recording. Thus, you'd better search for other Windows 10 screen recorders to do this trick.

Bhrayan23, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Record entire screen using Game Bar

Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Record entire screen using Game Bar

1. Record entire screen using Game Bar - Similar Threads - Record entire screen

2. Screen record issues Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen record issues Game Bar: Hi, I have tried to record my screen today using the game bar and received the following error message 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057 I needed to record the screen while a video played on a web page open with google chrome. Ive done this before without issue....
  3. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar Recording: Is there a way to remove only a voiceover but leave the game sound once the video is already recorded? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Cesarone11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrm6lh/game_bar_recording/
  4. Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen: I have seen a similar post from last year, and there was no solution, and I just discovered that I have the same issue. When I record videos, the playback is not in full screen. Looking at the properties of the video file, the video frame width is 1872 and the frame...
  5. game bar not recording full screen

game bar not recording full screen: [ATTACH] When I record games, my games don't record in full screen, the capture appears in the top left corner and what's left of the screen is black. https://preview.redd.it/u9l47xod5ay51.png?width=3821&format=png&auto=webp&s=26d26c90784b9194f3848af7ce6d999ee3e5c3e1...
  6. Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes: I use Record That on Game Bar quite a bit, and I have it set to record the last 10 minutes. This used to work fine, but lately it seems to have trouble hitting the 10 minute mark reliably. Sometimes it does, but often it stops at anywhere from 6-9 minutes. It's especially...
  7. Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar

Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar: So today while I was playing valorant, I decided to record my gameplay using the xbox game bar but when I click on the record button, it says 'Cant record right now. Try Again later'. It used to work fine couple days ago and now all of a sudden it doesn't work. submitted by...
  8. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar Recording: A few days ago I recorded my screen using the game bar. Today I went to record and the settings said my computer didn't meet the hardware requirements. I downloaded an app and the screen record feature didn't work either. The app and gamebar recorder worked on my other...
  9. Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar: I recently just changed my fortnite resolution to 1440x1080. And when I did that and tried to use game bars "clipping" system the recording of the videos have not been recording. It records the audio but the video is just frozen on the first thing it was recording. I was...
  10. Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording: Trying to record KSP with the screen recorder, but it will only record for exactly 10 seconds then say 'There's nothing to record. Play some more and try again.' I have tried it windowed and then on a couple other games, same thing. Graphics driver is up to date.MVI 4064 -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows game bar record entire screen