Windows 10: RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY

Discus and support RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to this MS Game Bar, how do I separately record my game audio and mic? Like separate them into two mp3 files after recording.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by norjgaming, Sep 15, 2020.

1. RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY

Hi,

I'm new to this MS Game Bar, how do I separately record my game audio and mic? Like separate them into two mp3 files after recording.

:)

norjgaming, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2020
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    How can I record playback audio and mic?

I've actually managed to my problem, just by Googling...after finally figuring out what to Google.

Problem: Using Audicity, I wanted to record audio of myself singing karaoke. Sound inputs

• YouTube video playing from Google Chrome
    • G933 Logitech Headset (or any USB mic for that matter)

Two applications required for this. Download these two apps. When installing, make sure you Run As Administrator for each. Install each app, then reboot your PC.

In Windows 10

1. Go to Control Panel>Sounds>Playback and Set CABLE Input as your Default Playback device. Verify that you now have these three additional Playback Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

1. Go to the Recording tab and Set CABLE Output as your Default Recording device. Verify that you now have these three additional Recording Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

In Audacity (Preferences>Settings>Devices):

• Host: MME
    • Playback Device: VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio Voi
    • Recording Device: VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio Vo
    • Channels: 2 (Stereo)

Open Voice Meeter Banana (use the Search box next to the Start button) and change these settings:

• HARDWARE INPUT 1: MME: CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual
    • HARDWARE INPUT 2: MME: Set it to your desired microphone. I used Microphone Logitech G933 Gaming). For this hardware input, select A1 to deselect it. Otherwise, you will hear your voice playing through your Speakers/Headset.
    • HARDWARE OUT: Click A1 and select MME: <your output device>. In my case, MME: Speakers (Logitech G933 Gaming)

To test: Go to Youtube, find a video to play. Go to Audacity. Click Record, then go back to your YouTube video and click play. You should see the sound meter go up and down, in accordance to the track you're playing. Additionally if you speak, you will see your mic's meter rise and fall, as well. Stop the recording when finished. Note that to hear the newly recorded track's audio, you may have to change your Playback sound to your desired device. It i also important to note to reset your Playback device once exiting VoiceMeeter Banana, to your desired audio output device. This can be done by selecting the sound button on your System Tray.

JOSHSKORN, Sep 15, 2020
  4. JOSHSKORN Win User

RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY

How can I record playback audio and mic?

LOL it took me a sec. I take it you tried recording yourself with the BAND, "ABBA" via Voice Recorder, and it worked for you.

As for me, no such luck.
    I appreciate the effort you went through to take those screen shots. Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

I actually have a few recording devices plugged into my computer. Originally:
    • Line-In - plugs into the Headphone jack on audio receiver. Currently turned off, so it is listed as "Not Plugged In"
    • Logitech C922x Webcam, has a microphone as well. I disabled the microphone on it, after noticing its mic was picking up sounds when I attempted recording again after changing my settings according to your instructions. Once I disabled this, I saw no green light indicators indicating sound was being picked up.
    • Logitech G933 Headset - this is my default Recording and Playback device (Default Communication device). I did change the default to Stereo Mix as indicated in your instructions, no luck though.
    • Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio - Not Plugged in, as I don't use 3.5mm microphones
    • Stereo Mix - As per your instructions, I made sure this was enabled and set as the Default Device.

Any thoughts as to why I'm having issues getting this to work? Does this by chance have anything to do with the fact that I use USB devices for Recording and Playback?

JOSHSKORN, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY

1. RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY - Similar Threads - RECORD GAME AUDIO

2. Voice not recording on game at

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice not recording on game at: So onXbox game bar when I just have game and mic enabled it records my voice but when I record game mic and other apps it somehow picks up my friends voice and everything’s fine. But it can’t record my voice when it’s Like that just friends and game please help...
  3. Voice not recording on game at

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice not recording on game at: So onXbox game bar when I just have game and mic enabled it records my voice but when I record game mic and other apps it somehow picks up my friends voice and everything’s fine. But it can’t record my voice when it’s Like that just friends and game please help...
  4. Record Peoples Voices and Game on Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Record Peoples Voices and Game on Game Bar: Hello Reddit today I used the Windows 10 Game bar to capture one of my games clips and it didn't record my friends or me speaking how do i change that so that their voices, mine, and the game can all be heard in the clip. submitted by /u/MrDestiny25 [link] [comments]...
  5. voice recordings

in Windows 10 Customization
    voice recordings: i can make 5-20 minute recordings but when i email them the recordings are not attatched or cannot be opened. everything on my end looks like it is attatched, sending via email...
  6. voice recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    voice recorder: hi, i tried to record something the other day but when i play it back all i hear is static and some times nothing at all, so i enabled stero mix and made it my default device in the sound setting still didnt work but it does pick up output sounds from the computer like when...
  7. Audio recordings slow down voice and makes voice deeper

Audio recordings slow down voice and makes voice deeper: My voice becomes distorted, my audio recordings, have been slowed and my voice becomes deeper. I have tried it in clean boot and it has worked but when I put it to sleep or restart it, it has the same problem, this problem is very annoying please help me!...
  8. Voice Recording

Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  9. Voice rEcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice rEcorder: Hi. Every so often, we’re given online training to do through the federal government website at work. These trainings are essentially interactive PowerPoint presentations, which have audio recordings giving the “lecture” part of the training. While I’m able to use the Snip...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio: It records game and discord audio, but doesn't record my microphone. It is set to default and audio to record is set to all. I've scoured the forums for answers and have tried most solutions, but none seem to fix it....