Windows 10: Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device

Discus and support Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i am currently looking into a way to track the time it takes a Windows machine to reach the Desktop after i switch the power button on. The drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jnobles, Jul 1, 2019.

1. jnobles Win User

Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device

Hi,
    i am currently looking into a way to track the time it takes a Windows machine to reach the Desktop after i switch the power button on.
    The drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I do not want to include the time it takes for me to enter the pin nor the time it takes for me to provide a username and password for windows logon.

I have been looking into a way using the Windows Performance Recorder (wpr.exe)
    The command i used "wpr.exe -start CPU.light -start DiskIO.light -start FileIO.light -start Network.light -start Minifilter.light -onoffscenario boot -onoffresultspath c:\temp -onoffproblemdescription GatherBootInformation -numiterations 1"

Does anyone know a way to extract only the time out of the etl file created by the boot trace via cmd or powershell? or maybe a different way to gather the exact boot time of the device?
    Any advice is highly appreciatedRecord/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device :)

:)

jnobles, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device

Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device

1. Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device - Similar Threads - Record Gather reliable

2. Recording device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording device: Hello, so recently i installed a program which was supposed to help me with audio stuff. but after resetting my computer during config, my recording device stopped working my mic wont pick up any sound. I use a headset microphone. i was wondering if there was a way to like...
  3. Any recommendations for a free and reliable screen recorder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any recommendations for a free and reliable screen recorder?: I have always used the Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10, however my main purpose for screen recording is for my engineering programming classes (specifically using Arduino right now) and I always get a message saying “Game features aren’t available for the Windows desktop or File...
  4. Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information: Hello, so Ive scoured the intrawebs for how to get a complete P.O.S.T. (Power ON Self Test) for UEFI and found exactly nothing. Enabling the P.O.S.T. verbose in UEFI shows nothing verbose at all, just detection of devices and no info whatsoever, and also not able to save the...
  5. recording time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    recording time: How do I extend the recording length for cool edit pro 2.0? I will move the bar up top to view my project, but I can only record 3:05 of voice material. How can I make that time greater?...
  6. Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.: Greetings, I was looking for the volume input control for my recently added microphone and realised (after some searching online) that I no longer have the Recording Devices option when right-clicking my volume icon. Nor do I find it anywhere else. I have uninstalled and...
  7. Windows 10 boot record issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot record issue: Hi all, I can boot into Windows 10. I have found issue is with boot record. I have found that when I boot into Installation drive for windows 10 and go to cmd prompt and do a bootrec /rebuildbcd I get the message Successfully Scanned Windows installations. Total identified...
  8. Timing/recording Windows 10 usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Timing/recording Windows 10 usage: Hi, Please advise how I can automatically record the time my Win10 laptop is switched on and unlocked? Surely there is a way?! My goal is to better understand how much time I use the PC. I need to reduce usage! It's on a lot of the time, and only some of the time I'm active...
  9. no option for recording devices in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no option for recording devices in windows 10.: I am trying to hear my mic (samsung meteor) through my headphones for recording and all the instructions for fixing it say right click on the speaker icon and choose recording devices...well that apparently is not an option in my windows 10...it seems to be for everyone...
  10. All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time

in Windows 10 Support
    All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time: Hey! I have two monitors, same resolution, same scale ratio (200% since they are 4k's). I've got this problem with programs windows getting gathered on the main monitor in some cases after computer rests unattended. The problem is I can't tell what exactly causes the...