Windows 10: Record in Game mode not capturing any video

Discus and support Record in Game mode not capturing any video in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On the domain abc.net.au it seems that video cannot be recorded in game record mode, just the audio is being captured. Here is a link to a video that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dschul, Aug 13, 2020.

1. dschul Win User

Record in Game mode not capturing any video

On the domain abc.net.au it seems that video cannot be recorded in game record mode, just the audio is being captured.

Here is a link to a video that I have been trying unsuccessfully to record.

Have tried both the Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers with the same result.

:)

dschul, Aug 13, 2020
  2. wolfaust Win User

Free and Useful Video Recorder

Hi folk!

I'm looking for free and useful video recorder to use it capture gaming videos. A while ago I have tried TechSmith's Camtasia Studio demo, but it's not capture during the fullscreen mode,. It just recording windowed mode, I don't know why.

Could you guys please suggest free and useful video recorder?

Sincerely,

wolfaust, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Record in Game mode not capturing any video - Similar Threads - Record Game mode

2. The recorded video was not saved in the mentioned file path , Setting-Gaming-Captures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recorded video was not saved in the mentioned file path , Setting-Gaming-Captures: I recorded a teams webinar using Xbox game bar recording shortcut, I remember I have given and for last few minutes I got a call, hence I left the PC and went to talk, after returning I was not able to see the recorded video of that session . It was an hour session only. I...
  3. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size: Whenever I record videos using Game Bar on Windows 10, it records my gameplay but when I view it later on, the video is shrunk to the top left corner of the space it plays in. This wasn't always the case, it started happening several months ago. It only happens for video...
  4. Capturing Achievements using Video Recording Software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capturing Achievements using Video Recording Software?: Hello! I'm wondering if it is possible to capture the blue achievements message that pops up, using video recording software?I'm not entirely sure which process is triggering the achievement, so I don't know what to target. I tried several times when completing achievements...
  5. Game capture does not record 60 fps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game capture does not record 60 fps: I have set the game bar to record in 60 fps but it will only record gameplay (minecraft) in 20-30 fps while when i record something else like my browser window, it records in 60fps submitted by /u/Jari-01 [link] [comments]...
  6. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  7. Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record: I recently attempted to record a lengthy screen capture ~2 hours using Game Bar's Capture feature. I ensured only one window was open so that it would record the correct content, and I also checked that the audio devices were selected properly so that my PC's internal audio...
  8. Is it possible to record two audios in a game capture?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to record two audios in a game capture?: I use a SteelSeries GameDac, which splits Game Audio and Chat audio into two separate audio devices in my settings. In the audio mix for the Win+G menu, I only have one option for output audio. Is it possible to record two audios so it captures the Game Audio and Voice Chat...
  9. Any Video Recorder Ultimate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any Video Recorder Ultimate: Trying to download the Any Video Recorder, along with its virtual sound device. Software will download, but when I try to use the record function, I get an error message that the "AnvSoft virtual sound device" is required to run program. Software download says that device...
  10. Recording video with game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording video with game bar: I have always recorded videos using 3rd party software, but yesterday, I recorded the Remembrance Sunday programme on BBC using the game bar recording mode. My stepson was marching in it and we saw him :-). I was really impressed with quality of recording, both sound and...