Windows 10: Recordable DVD not recognized

Discus and support Recordable DVD not recognized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using an old laptop with Windows 8 on it. I am trying to view DVDs I recorded home movies on a few years ago. Windows Media Player and Toshiba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Reggie04, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Reggie04 Win User

Recordable DVD not recognized

I am using an old laptop with Windows 8 on it. I am trying to view DVDs I recorded home movies on a few years ago. Windows Media Player and Toshiba Media Player do not recognize the dvds, or if it does, it says it is blank. Even on my computer, looking at the dvd drive, it does not play what I know is on the dvd. Help!!!

:)

Reggie04, Feb 17, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Install CD RECORDER GP 50 - Windows 10

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the PC?

I suggest you to go through the Hardware Installation section in the
    Owner’s Manual
    to know to install the CD recorder. If the drive is not recognized by Windows after installing, try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 17, 2022
  3. CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

Recordable DVD not recognized [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Feb 17, 2022
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Recordable DVD not recognized - Similar Threads - Recordable DVD recognized

2. DVD RW is not recognized as a recordable device in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD RW is not recognized as a recordable device in Windows 11: All devices were working properly in Windows 10, and now neither CD RW 1 internal and factory from HP, and 1 external usb is recognized as RW. This is definitely a problem with Windows 11, and I should NOT have to search forums for fixes. Microsoft support searches for fixes...
  3. DVD RW is not recognized as a recordable device in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD RW is not recognized as a recordable device in Windows 11: All devices were working properly in Windows 10, and now neither CD RW 1 internal and factory from HP, and 1 external usb is recognized as RW. This is definitely a problem with Windows 11, and I should NOT have to search forums for fixes. Microsoft support searches for fixes...
  4. Recordable DVD not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recordable DVD not recognized: I am using an old laptop with Windows 8 on it. I am trying to view DVDs I recorded home movies on a few years ago. Windows Media Player and Toshiba Media Player do not recognize the dvds, or if it does, it says it is blank. Even on my computer, looking at the dvd drive, it...
  5. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD recognized but won't play DVD: DVD recognized but won't play DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-recognized-but-wont-play-dvd/e9e8dd40-aaa7-48ca-86e8-22e8cf9ca3c6
  6. External DVD recorder no longer records or plays

External DVD recorder no longer records or plays: My Windows 10 system has a Memorex MRX-550LEEv1 external DVD recorder hooked up to it. It is recognized in Device Manager, and when I troubleshoot it I get a 'device is working' response. However, it will not play CD's or DVD's, rather it asks if I want to use a prerecorded...
  7. dvd drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd drive not recognized: I upgraded windows 7 to 10 when it came out but I failed to install the dvd player at the time, I went to purchase it from microsoft but the app doesnt recognize the drive f at all and the driver say cd not dvd not sure what to do at this point *Moved from Windows Vista to...
  8. Recording to CD's and DVD's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording to CD's and DVD's: I cannot store any files on CD's or DVD's . I have many old photos audio recordings and films which I would like to clean up and edit but I find it impossable because I cannot burn the files back on to discs....
  9. DVD not recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD not recognized.: DVD not recognized. Trying to install new software and am unable to reach the disc menu. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-recognized/7cdba7d6-91dd-47cc-a9c8-1d4873150559
  10. DVD not recognized

DVD not recognized: There is no IDE/ATAPI entry in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-not-recognized/6e816ced-304f-4cd1-b4d0-f98c0ced8436