Windows 10: recorded audio file - security details discrepancy

Discus and support recorded audio file - security details discrepancy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I just recorded and an audio segment from an audio book im listening to on my phone, i used an aux cable from my phone speakers to a mic... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stonehaven, Jun 19, 2020.

1. recorded audio file - security details discrepancy

recorded audio file - security details discrepancy c74e0bd3-0934-442e-89b6-49d2ee5bc975?upload=true.png
    Hi, I just recorded and an audio segment from an audio book im listening to on my phone, i used an aux cable from my phone speakers to a mic jack on my pc, adjusted some of the device settings so i could hear it while recording with the microsoft voice recorder.

when i opened the file properties there was a security warning on the general tab, that the file came from another computer, which is obviously false because i just recorded it and brought into existance by the microsoft sound recorder.

I am obviously looking for an explaination in writing this post.

I know this is more a paranoid i think but i cant imagine any other reason it would make claims that the file came from another computer; It make me feel like microsoft audio recorder is sending my recorded file out somewhere over the internet to some other computer, processing it, and sending it back to my computer, before it saves the file to my computer. is this correct?

Thanks for infos!

:)

Stonehaven, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Audio Recording Issues

Hi,

Allow us to verify some details so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Was there a particular error message every time the recording is paused?
    • Have you tried running the Recording Audio troubleshooter to check if it would help?
    If you haven't done so, please try the following steps:

• Press Windows key
    • Type Troubleshooting, hit Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Recording Audio and then click
      Next
    We're here for any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

recorded audio file - security details discrepancy

Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

recorded audio file - security details discrepancy

1. recorded audio file - security details discrepancy - Similar Threads - recorded audio file

2. Security processor details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security processor details: Security processor details Information about the trusted platform module TPM. There is no TPM available. Please check your BIOS settings. Dismiss Specifications Manufacturer Manufacturer version Specification version PPI specification version TPM specification sub-version...
  3. security reset details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security reset details: how can I access security details to update phone numbers and email addresses to be able to reset things like email passwords and such on wifes account? she can't remember password and can't reset it as her phone number has changedAny help would be appreciatedThank You...
  4. security reset details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security reset details: how can I access security details to update phone numbers and email addresses to be able to reset things like email passwords and such on wifes account? she can't remember password and can't reset it as her phone number has changedAny help would be appreciatedThank You...
  5. Massive Discrepancy in Number of Files Scanned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Massive Discrepancy in Number of Files Scanned: Hello everybody, I hope someone can help me. I just did a full reset, and it took longer than I'd expected. In fact, even though it was up to almost 600,000 total files just before the scan ended, the final results claimed that only roughly 300,000 were scanned no problems...
  6. Audio recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio recording: How can I test my microphone on my HP Pavillion to ensure it's working correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recording/4102eee7-05c3-4fca-b19d-ad466c42980c
  7. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  8. audio recordings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio recordings: I want to make an audio recording, and make a copy on a memory stick to send by mail to a friend to play on a laptop or pc How please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recordings/9c68afc0-a4a6-4abc-9617-1b215e7a0326
  9. File size discrepancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File size discrepancy: Hey all, I'm having an issue with downloading a file. The file is 1.3 GB while this PC has 2.36 GB remaining, yet still uses up all disk space when attempting to download. (P.S. downloading .zip files to a USB appears to corrupt them)...
  10. Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files: Does anyone know of a way to get bloody file explorer to show audio bit depth and frequency in details view. there seems to be no column heading for those. Can I hack/reg-add/some-other_way this? 122165