Windows 10: Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

Discus and support Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had this issue for quite a long time. I would be playing a game (in this case CS:GO), and the gameplay video would only show a black screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NFSJAY, Feb 26, 2019.

1. NFSJAY Win User

Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

I have had this issue for quite a long time. I would be playing a game (in this case CS:GO), and the gameplay video would only show a black screen with clear audio. This only happens when I am using the "Record That" feature playing in fullscreen. I realize that this feature works perfectly fine in fullscreen windowed, but I want to play in complete fullscreen. For my PC, there is a drastic FPS difference between fullscreen and fullscreen windowed, so i don't want to play in fullscreen windowed. I have tried everything I can to fix the problem but I get nowhere. To sum up, I can record fine on fullscreen but I only record a black screen when trying to use the "Record That" feature. Playing in fullscreen windowed is fine for recording but the low FPS affects my gameplay drastically. Any ideas?

:)

NFSJAY, Feb 26, 2019

2. Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.

The problem started after the 1803 update. Now if I record any full screen game, it records the whole video as a black video. But it doesn't happen with the windowed mode.

SilverEye39, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Bhrayan23 Win User
    Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording

The Windows 10 game bar does not support recording all the games, and the error message you received may indicates that the gameplay blocks the game bar from recording. Thus, you'd better search for other Windows 10 screen recorders to do this trick.

Bhrayan23, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

Game bar records only audio

Hello, i started using the game bar to record my gameplay. Im only using the record last 30 seconds button at the moment, when i play those videos i can only hear the audio and the video itself is only a screenshot. How do i fix it?

Inzifon_are, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

1. Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio? - Similar Threads - Recorded gameplay using

2. recording gameplay with game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recording gameplay with game bar: when I press "windows key" + "G" the Xbox game bar shows up, but the option to start recording is shaded out and I can't record my gameplay, I checked the settings and everything but it doesn't seem to fix it...
  3. recording gameplay with game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recording gameplay with game bar: when I press "windows key" + "G" the Xbox game bar shows up, but the option to start recording is shaded out and I can't record my gameplay, I checked the settings and everything but it doesn't seem to fix it...
  4. Xbox game bar black recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  5. Xbox game bar black recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  6. Xbox game bar is not recording gameplay and gives me error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game bar is not recording gameplay and gives me error.: Xbox game bar is not recording gameplay and gives me error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-is-not-recording-gameplay-and-gives/de328fd9-7750-4147-b7f1-4bb80992469a
  7. Xbox Game bar Recording white screen with audio only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game bar Recording white screen with audio only: I use the xbox game bar app on windows ten to record game clips. Up until recently it worked fine. Now when I capoture a clip and go to view it is shows only a white screen with audio. I notice if I play a game in windowed mode it records the video also. Any fix for this...
  8. Xbox game bar records as a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar records as a black screen: Half of the time when I am recording footage for a game (overwatch), the recording turns out to be a black screen when I view the mp4 file. I have looked at other forum posts on this, and it seems that this problem is largely unresolved for many people....
  9. Game bar only records audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar only records audio: I have noticed recently when trying to record a game clip through the game bar, it is only recording the audio to the clip most the time. Ive tried watching the clip through the xbox app and through media player, it just looks like a screenshot and the audio playing The...
  10. Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.: The problem started after the 1803 update. Now if I record any full screen game, it records the whole video as a black video. But it doesn't happen with the windowed mode....