Windows 10: Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping.

Discus and support Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have a bunch of replay files of the game Rocket League, I want to screen record them and upload it to YouTube. But when I use a screen recorder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Takyoff, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping.

So i have a bunch of replay files of the game Rocket League, I want to screen record them and upload it to YouTube. But when I use a screen recorder such as OBS, Streamlabs or Screen Grabber, it all starts to lagging making the final output about 1 frame per 4 seconds, while the audio is still perfect.

Even if the record quality is 720P, it’s still bad. Does anyone know why this is?

I do also have AMD ReLive, but it just records my cursor and everything else is green, nobody on the internet knows a fix...

Also Windows built in Screen recorder isn’t supported.

The game it self is perfectly playable at it highest setting 4K/45fps.

MacBook Pro 16” 2019, Intel i9, AMD Radeon 5500M, with drivers from bootcampdrivers.com.

submitted by /u/Takyoff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Takyoff, Jan 3, 2021

2. Can your PC handle 4K 60fps in YouTube? TEST IT!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Desktop)
    GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8G OC
    Screen Res: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
    Browser: Yandex 19.9.3.314
    Frames Dropped at 4k 60fps: 2
    Frames Dropped using h264ify: 60

TairikuOkami, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Can your PC handle 4K 60fps in YouTube? TEST IT!

Hi, a lot of people ask what are the minimum requirements to handle 4K 60fps video playback, specially in YouTube and other online media sources, to check if their PC is good enough for a Home Theater PC (HTPC), or if it will instead lag and freeze. We are about to find out!

Today, in 2019, a FullHD resolution is good enough to really enjoy a very high quality video, but the 4K resolution has been around for a while, and to make a PC "future proof", I think it's better to have something that can handle 4K resolutions easily.

OK, 4K is the "future standard", but then, why the 60fps?
    Good question, same reason: it looks like 4K 60fps is the most demanding video quality you can ask for today, without going overkill. And I believe it's going to be that way for a while (many years). Sure, YouTube might end up adding 8K resolution in a few years, but, in my opinion, that's simply overkill.

Now, the test. Online video decoding is handled mostly by your CPU, so it's the CPU the one that must be powerful. Your GPU can help if your browser or app has hardware acceleration, but keep in mind it's a CPU intensive task.

What you are supposed to have before the test:

1. Internet Speed: at least 50Mbps, if you have low internet speed the video could be freezing because your speed, not your hardware.
    2. A clean PC without malware or bloat ware: no apps consuming resources, no virus, malware crap, etc... if your PC is in poor condition, that could be the reason why it's not capable of playing back fluently the videos.
    3. Latest version of Chrome (version 77) or Firefox (version 69). We don't want to test this under old software or browser. Windows 10 x64 if possible.
    4. Your screen resolution also affects the performance. If you are using a 4K monitor and Windows is set to 4K resolution, your hardware will have to work harder. So, when you post the results, you must tell us what resolution you are working with in Windows settings.

How to proceed?
    1. Open Chrome or Firefox, and go to this 4K 60fps video:

2. Set the quality to 4K 60fps.
    3. Right-click on the video and click "stats for nerds"
    4. The second line Viewport/frames tells you if any frame was dropped, that means, if your hardware couldn't handle the video anymore and started to drop frames. If your hardware can handle 4K 60fps like a champion, you will see a 0 value over there during the whole video. If just 4-10 frames dropped, it is OK, but if you get like 100, 200 or 400 frames dropped, your hardware can't really handle it. Not all parts of the video are equal: the most demanding scenes are around 3:00 and around 4:40. That means that your hardware might handle the video OK (0 frames dropped) but when a demanding scene comes, it will freeze and start to drop frames. Is that a win or a fail?
    I'd say a fail, you don't want to watch a movie with some scenes frozen and laggy, do you?

Post your results!

Here's your template
    CPU:
    GPU:
    Screen resolution:
    Browser:
    Frames dropped at 4K 60fps:

- - - Updated - - -

My results:

CPU: i7-4700MQ (laptop)
    GPU: nVIDIA GT755M 2GB GDDR5
    Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (Full HD)
    Browser: Firefox 69.0.1
    Frames dropped at 4K 60fps: about 1500 during the whole video

...which means, the video is completely fluid most of the time but it lags and freezes in demanding parts.

Conclusion: not really capable of doing it, my laptop really lags at minute 3:00 and 4:40.

rambomhtri, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping.

Can your PC handle 4K 60fps in YouTube? TEST IT!

Here we go.
    CPU: i5-8400s (Desktop)
    GPU: GeForce GTX1050Ti
    Screen Res: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) (Hitachi 42" TV 60Hz)
    Browser: Edge
    Frames Dropped at 4k 60fps: 0

Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping. [​IMG]

Pejole2165, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping.

1. Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping. - Similar Threads - Recording 4K@60FPS problems

2. Game frame drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game frame drop: When I play a game for 20 minutes or less, my frame rate drops to 1-10 fps and I have to restart the game. I'm not sure what's causing this counter strike global offensive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-frame-drop/d4e6df39-44d2-41f7-9fc8-9b415dc9cc19
  3. Game frame drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game frame drop: When I play a game for 20 minutes or less, my frame rate drops to 1-10 fps and I have to restart the game. I'm not sure what's causing this counter strike global offensive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-frame-drop/d4e6df39-44d2-41f7-9fc8-9b415dc9cc19
  4. Frame drops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frame drops.: Yesterday I played Valorant, War Thunder without having an fps drop, but then at 11PM I got orange screen not bluescreen . The windows forced restart and repaired my C: disk. well my laptop is okay but when i opened games, any games, the frame drops to 10. Oh yeah, almost...
  5. 4k 60fps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k 60fps not working: hai, iam using a saphire pulse RX580 graphic card ,intel i5 9th gen processor 1month before 4k 60fps videos was working on windows movie & tv software smoothly .but now iam only getting sound no video i think its gone after an windows update...
  6. Frame drops in games?

Frame drops in games?: Hello but i have the problem that i have frame drops from 100fps to 40fps, it goes from 100fps to 40fps for about 10 seconds, and it takes that long to load, and i know it has something to do with HDD and SSD, but i didn't have those frame drops in games before, and now...
  7. Huge frame drops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Huge frame drops: My system have dedicated graphic card for gaming but still the game frame drops a lot then I tried optimizing the settings but it didn't worked upto the expectations. Is there a way to completely turn off intel graphic card and use the dedicated one ?...
  8. Frame Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame Drops: Hi, since the last update I made (windows 10, version 1903, 6/12/2019) while I'm playing I started dropping frames in almost any game. What to do? How can I solve this? I have this build: Specifications: Motherboard: Maximus Hero XI CPU: i9-9900k GPU: RTX 2080 TI STRIX...
  9. Frame drops

Frame drops: I have been having terrible frame drops playing fortnite on my hp omen dropping from 120 to 30 randomly, tried reseting my computer didn't work. Does any of you have the same problem or better yet a solution. Thanks!...
  10. Frame drops

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Frame drops: What are the best ways to stop/prevent frame drops in games. For example I have a Asus OG Strix 4gb Radeon RX470 but in games like Overwatch whenever I jump into the action my frames start to plummet 94826