Windows 10: Recording device

Discus and support Recording device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, so recently i installed a program which was supposed to help me with audio stuff. but after resetting my computer during config, my recording... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fuzzyfox449, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Recording device

Hello, so recently i installed a program which was supposed to help me with audio stuff. but after resetting my computer during config, my recording device stopped working my mic wont pick up any sound. I use a headset microphone. i was wondering if there was a way to like reset my headset microphone to factory settings or anything to fix this issue. ive tried basic troubleshooting and searching online but couldn't find the answer.

:)

Fuzzyfox449, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Recording Devices

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager can't start the device.
    • One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
    • Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager
    • In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 16, 2021
  4. sammy Win User

Recording device

What is the best portable Voice recording device except Phone?

Hi Guys,

I would like to know what is the best portable voice recording device except phone, If you anyone one of you know it please suggest one, I would require it to record some meetings.

Thanks

sammy, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Recording device

1. Recording device - Similar Threads - Recording device

2. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....
  3. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....
  4. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device: Hello,I bought the Windows screen recorder 11 on my personal laptop, but I can use it on my work laptop. Is the annual fee per device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-screen-recorder-doesnt-work-on-extra/5e3e1c61-6d71-451f-8b04-78e35c73d15b
  6. Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device

Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device: Hello,I bought the Windows screen recorder 11 on my personal laptop, but I can use it on my work laptop. Is the annual fee per device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-screen-recorder-doesnt-work-on-extra/5e3e1c61-6d71-451f-8b04-78e35c73d15b
  7. No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10: So I bought my GF a new microphone. She had some troubles in getting it to work, so she asked me to look into it.I found out that not only does that microphone not work on he Laptop. NO Microphones are detecting any sort of input.I tried uninstallnig and reinstalling drivers...
  8. No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10

No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10: So I bought my GF a new microphone. She had some troubles in getting it to work, so she asked me to look into it.I found out that not only does that microphone not work on he Laptop. NO Microphones are detecting any sort of input.I tried uninstallnig and reinstalling drivers...
  9. No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10

10. Disabling recording devices

Disabling recording devices: I'm clearing my laptop of all video and audio recorders and came across these video devices in the registry. Can anyone tell me what they are, and why the duplicates?...