Windows 10: Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,...

Discus and support Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a new Windows 11 home computer. While the photo function of the Snipping Tool works fine, the Video Record function does not. It starts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Katie Rich, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,...

I just got a new Windows 11 home computer. While the photo function of the Snipping Tool works fine, the Video Record function does not. It starts to count down and then immediately freezes before giving me the above error message. I could not find a way to insert a photo here, so here is a link to what it looks like on my screen in a similar forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-is-not-recoeding/8445b18f-5791-47c7-b69a-4a25a1681e5f I have spent hours trying to fix this. I changed the Default Location where the files are stored. I tried Repair. I trie

:)

Katie Rich, Dec 6, 2023

2. My snipping tool isn't recording the screen showing that some happened we've stopped recording try it again after some time again and again

Snipping tool isn't working properly the screen record function is not recording showing some error that says something happened we've stopped recording try again after sometime again and again.

Yagya Bhardwaj, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Wall-Spot Win User
    Snipping tool does not have recorder

I got new laptop, it is Windows11 and looked for screen recorder. As many free software work but comes with watermark.

So I looked recorder for Windows11. According to Microsoft post here Snipping Tool and Xbox Game Box will do for free.

But for me there is no recorder in Snipping Tool. I even looked for updates, possible I got older version but the app store has nothing mentioned about the recorder in Snipping Tool.

Finally I got Edge Extension for the same. I think it is not good practice for using many software for same task. Recording screen should be included in Snipping Tool.

Or I am making any mistake?

Wall-Spot, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,...

recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording

I recorded myself presenting a powerpoint presentation using the video recording capabilities of the snippet tool. When I clicked on the stop button, after a while, it stopped responding. I just see a blank white space. What happened to my recording? Did it record? Where do I find it? If it's lost, can I recover it and how?

Ginkgo Academie, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,...

1. Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,... - Similar Threads - Recording feature Snipping

2. Snipping Tool Video Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  3. Snipping Tool Video Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  4. Snipping tool does not have recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool does not have recorder: it is Windows11 and looked for screen recorder. As many free software work but comes with watermark. So I looked recorder for Windows11. According to Microsoft post here Snipping Tool and Xbox Game Box will do for free. But for me there is no recorder in Snipping Tool. I even...
  5. Snipping tool not recording.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...
  6. Snipping tool not recording.

Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...
  7. Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording feature of Snipping Tool not working: "Recording stopped. Something happened,...: I just got a new Windows 11 home computer. While the photo function of the Snipping Tool works fine, the Video Record function does not. It starts to count down and then immediately freezes before giving me the above error message. I could not find a way to insert a photo...
  8. recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording: I recorded myself presenting a powerpoint presentation using the video recording capabilities of the snippet tool. When I clicked on the stop button, after a while, it stopped responding. I just see a blank white space. What happened to my recording? Did it record? Where do I...
  9. recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording

recording toolbar of snipping tool not responding after recording: I recorded myself presenting a powerpoint presentation using the video recording capabilities of the snippet tool. When I clicked on the stop button, after a while, it stopped responding. I just see a blank white space. What happened to my recording? Did it record? Where do I...
  10. Snipping tool does not have recorder

Snipping tool does not have recorder: I got new laptop, it is Windows11 and looked for screen recorder. As many free software work but comes with watermark.So I looked recorder for Windows11. According to Microsoft post here Snipping Tool and Xbox Game Box will do for free.But for me there is no recorder in...