Windows 10: Recording issues with headset microphone

Discus and support Recording issues with headset microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cheers, Firstly, I have no idea where to ask help in my issue, so I am sending this troubleshoot all over the internet, pretty much. Thing is, I’d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by grels, May 18, 2018.

1. grels Win User

Recording issues with headset microphone

Cheers,

Firstly, I have no idea where to ask help in my issue, so I am sending this troubleshoot all over the internet, pretty much.

Thing is, I’d like to do a Let’s play (of sorts), you know, to record myself playing a game while at the same time giving comments. Easy enough.

I am using USB-plugged HyperX Cloud 2 headset for recording and listening. As for the actual video capture program, I tried Nvidia GeForce’s ShadowPlay, and it worked like a charm. At first.

Right, here is my problem: couple of months ago I recorded some test footage and it came out very nice, microphone picked my voice clearly, I could hear the game sounds while I played and video was of good quality. Then yesterday I tried to do my first “serious” video. ShadowPlay did record the video and even picked the game sounds, but not my voice while I commented.

Now, I have tried pretty much every possible fiddling there is, updating drivers, reinstalling devices etc. I have no other microphones attached to my computer. I have stereo speakers (which I either turn off or disable to ensure there are no conflicts) and a Yamaha mixer (which I have disconnected long time ago). After a while, I found out if I check “Listen to this Device” option in the microphone options, HyperX not only lets me hear sounds from the computer but also allows ShadowPlay record my voice – the downside is that I must listen to my own voice echoing on the background, which royally messes up all the recording I am trying to accomplish.

Other than that, I also have the option to turn on my speakers, let the “Listen to this Device” blast its echoes there, and now, I can record in peace – except for the fact that now I must awkwardly wrap the headphones around my neck to get the mic in front of my mouth and use speakers to hear the game sounds. This is a problem of sorts, since I really would like to use headset as it is meant to be used!

For the record (pun intended), I connected HyperX to my wife’s computer, turned her ShadowPlay on and – it works perfectly! I can record ShadowPlay footage on her computer wearing my headset and giving comments with no audio or recording problems whatsoever! She has an older computer than me, but other than that, I have no idea what makes the difference here. Also, it seems her Win10 changes sound sources automatically, like when turning of her speakers it changes to HyperX (if connected), unlike mine where I must manually select the correct device every time, and sometimes even disable my speakers if I want to use my headset. Well, this isn't my real problem, but I thought mentioning it anyway.

Please give any wild guesses you people have, I am so frustrated with this situation. Tell if you need any technical details of my computer.

Thank you!

:)

grels, May 18, 2018
  2. Animgpt Win User

Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, May 18, 2018
  3. Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

The exact same thing happened to me, around the same time. I know the microphone works because I can use it on my phone. Additionally, my computer recognizes the integrated microphone, but that one does not detect any sound.

Have you had any luck solving this problem?

NicholasHibshman, May 18, 2018
Thema:

Recording issues with headset microphone

1. Recording issues with headset microphone - Similar Threads - Recording issues headset

2. Headset Microphone Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone Issue.: Hey, so recently I purchased a Y headset splitter for my bootcamped IMac 2013. Since the moment I got it, only the audio part has been functioning. When I had plugged in the splitter,I was using a audio driver known as "Cirrus Logic". Now, I have uninstalled the driver and I...
  3. Headset Microphone Issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Microphone Issue.: Hey, so recently I purchased a Y headset splitter for my bootcamped IMac 2013. Since the moment I got it, only the audio part has been functioning. When I had plugged in the splitter,I was using a audio driver known as "Cirrus Logic". Now, I have uninstalled the driver and I...
  4. Headset Microphone Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone Issues: I deleted a headset mic from my computer in device manager and now I can't figured out how to reinstall that mic. I've looked for hours online trying to figure out how to get it back to no avail. So I'm writing this in hopes that someone knows the solution to my problem....
  5. Headset Microphone Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone Issues: I deleted a headset mic from my computer in device manager and now I can't figured out how to reinstall that mic. I've looked for hours online trying to figure out how to get it back to no avail. So I'm writing this in hopes that someone knows the solution to my problem....
  6. Headset Microphone Issues

7. my headset microphone is not showing in recording

my headset microphone is not showing in recording: I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with...
  8. Headset issues - Microphone

Headset issues - Microphone: I have an astro a10 headset. I can hear my friends only when I plug in the mic to my xbox controller (which is also plugged into my PC thru USB). I have the Y splitter into the front jacks but that wont let me hear anything. My microphone shows it's playing sound in my...
  9. Bluetooth headset on, microphone doesn't record.

Bluetooth headset on, microphone doesn't record.: headset works on phone, brand new. sony wh-h900n windows 10 The microphone shows bars when on recording tab, but when I open the recording tab it turns off the sound. Please help, tried uninstalling restarting and updated twice. It seems the problem works with headset...
  10. Headset microphone issue.

Headset microphone issue.: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset microphone feedback issue when recording audio