Windows 10: Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently updated to the newest free download of Audacity using Windows 10 Pro. Everything works in the software with exception that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnPaulson3, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I've recently updated to the newest free download of Audacity using Windows 10 Pro. Everything works in the software with exception that the record level adjuster doesn't do anything when moving it around. Not sure if making some changes on the presets in Audacity or with Windows 10 itself would correct this. At this point the software does record on its own but I'm not able to adjust the level. Please advise and thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

John Paulson

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

JohnPaulson3, Jan 19, 2019
  2. rnamoo06 Win User

AUDACITY

Audacity doesn't work with Windows 10 period...Maybe someday it will...Tired of all the posts about looking for or activating settings while standing on your head...Be glad you were able to record with Audacity before the demise....

rnamoo06, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Audacity Drivers

John

I have no idea how to find or alter the motherboard. I have many times tried to download specific drivers for Windows 10 unsuccessfully,

the process usually seeming unsafe and/or arduous. I have opened Recording Devices and enabled Disconnected and Disabled devices,

but Stereo Mix is not among the choices. I have a Dell Studio 1747 about 6 years old which is working perfectly, with all the current updates.

Prior to this, I successfully used Audacity for years on Windows 8. I have downloaded several earlier versions of Audacity with no luck.

Perhaps I should go back wo Windows 8. I have also downloaded several earlier versions of Audacity as well as the new one designed for

Windows 10 with no Stereo Mix.

Any suggestions other than looking for Disabled and/or Disconnected Devices would be very welcome. Or if there is such a thing as

simple instructions on how to access the motherboard, since that is the only suggestion I was unable to try.

B

BethMorris1943, Jan 19, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Sound recorder

I would use Audacity, it is free and fully functioning and will record whatever is playing on your PC without outside noise

Click the link below to download Audacity:

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Click the link below for a walkthrough on recording audio playing on your PC:

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_rec...

These are the steps to record internal Audio:

In Audacity, choose the “Windows WASAPI” audio host

Then an appropriate loopback device - Speakers (loopback)

Click the Record button to start recording the audio in Audacity,

Click Stop when you’re done

Then if needs be you can trim the recording

Finally save the Audio File

DaveM121, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

1. Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Recording level Audacity

2. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  3. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  4. Audacity Won't Record After Latest Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audacity Won't Record After Latest Upgrade: Since the latest upgrade, Audacity 3.0.0, their latest will not record. Using Windows 10. My older laptop would record just fine, but today, Windows upgraded and it won't work. I had asked the Audacity forum for help, and they pointed their finger at Microsoft. I know I can't...
  5. Problem with significant white noise when recording with Audacity using plug in earbuds but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with significant white noise when recording with Audacity using plug in earbuds but...: I have a PC running Windows 10 2004 and I use Audacity as a recorder. When I use Apple earbuds that are carefully set up using the "Sound" setup procedures I get very noticeable 2 to 3% of peak white noise in recordings. But, when I record using microphone audio from a mixer...
  6. Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity

Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity: I'm a songwriter in Norman Oklahoma & need assistance recording on Windows 10 desk top thru webcam mic. Audacity will be the source of recording. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Tim Wilson https://youtu.be/7GRJe6w_rgY...
  7. Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809: Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809 HI! My computer has Windows 10/64 1809 and a sound card from Realtek. It has been impossible to record sound to Audacity (2.3.0) through Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio) after Windows 10...
  8. Audacity and recording "What U Hear"

Audacity and recording "What U Hear": When previously on WIN 7 Pro 64 bit I was able to record with Audacity what ever was coming out the speakers using the "What U Hear" feature of my sound card (Creative PCIe X-Fi Titanium). Having upgraded and subsequently a clean install of WIN 10 Pro 64 bit this no...
  9. Win 10 not able to import "plugins" on Audacity music editor/recorder

Win 10 not able to import "plugins" on Audacity music editor/recorder: Hello all, I realize that this is a Windows 10 forum, but I'm having an issue with the Audacity software and their tech people have not been able to solve the problem. So I thought that I'd give you experts a shot at it. I am running a brand new Asus GL753VE-DS74 gaming...
  10. USB Sound Recording Level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sound Recording Level: Does anyone know where in the Windows 10 registry the audio recording levels are stored? I am experiencing very low audio recording levels from a USB interface (Mackie Blackjack). The audio recording levels are set to 100 for this device but are still quite low....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. record level in audacity

2. professional recordings with audacity

3. audacity stereo leveling

4. audacity for windows 10 pro,
  5. audacity best recording level,
  6. low sound level windows 10 1809,
  7. audacity recording issue using windows 10 pro