Windows 10: Recording Mic Not Detected

Discus and support Recording Mic Not Detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Triobian, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Triobian Win User

Recording Mic Not Detected

So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is that my microphone is not being detected by Windows, it doesn't show up at all. I've tried a variety of things, but if you think you have a solution, assume I haven't tried it. If you can, I would like details and step by step stuff, I'm not great at improv direction. I'm a streamer and Youtuber, and the mic and interface was chosen because it's the the popular choice among other streamers.

Details of my setup:
    Mic: AT 2035
    Interface: Line 6 UX2
    PC: Custom
    Motherboard: Crossfire V Formula Z
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.01 GHz
    Ram: 16.0 GB
    GPU: GTX 1080 Founder Edition
    Recording Software: OBS

Picture 1: Current configuration of Pod Farm 2
    Version: 2.59
    Details:
    As seen, all three items in the configuration are turned on.Input is set to mic 1, and as seen from the levels the mic is working and the software is registering audio.

Picture 2: Pod Farm License Manager
    Details: As seen, both my computer and the UX2 Interface are authorized.Something I see, there are add-on's in UX2 but not on my pc, not sure if that is significant.

Picture 3: Playback and Recording
    Details:
    "Speakers 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "NVIDIA HDMI Output (Port 1 - 3)" Are my monitors.
    "SONY TV - 4" Another of my monitors.
    "AT Headphones" My headphones.
    "Realtek Digital Output (1 - 2)" Not sure, but from the disc that came with my motherboard.
    "Digital Audio Interface 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "Microphone" This is not the AT 2035. I'm unsure what it is, but when listening to audio its just the same droning noise. Might be an audio jack on the computer itself.
    "Line In" No clue on this.
    "Stereo Mix" Not sure what this does, but it is also from the disc that came with the motherboard.

That's everything that I can think to include. If you need more information in order to help I will do my best to answer. So, if you might know of a solution, please do say.

:)

Triobian, Jun 23, 2017
  2. jonmoreno Win User

Headset mic not working

I've had a turtlebeach headset that i used on my win 8.1 mic and headset working fine.

I upgraded to windows 10 and now it doesn't detect the mic, I've visited the recording devices tab, sound tab. It does not want to detect my mic, but it detects the headset. Please help.

jonmoreno, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Skull candy slyr headset not working

Go to the PC's Support Downloads webpage to update the Sound driver to the latest.

Does the mic work in another PC?

Right click Volume icon in System Tray, choose Recording Devices. Is the mic detected from any USB port or mic port? Right click a blank area to show Disabled Devices. Right click the mic if listed to run Troubleshooter.

Type Troubleshoot in Start Search, open Troubleshoot app. Run Hardware and Recording Devices Troubleshooters.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

Recording Mic Not Detected

1. Recording Mic Not Detected - Similar Threads - Recording Mic Detected

2. Computer won't detect mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't detect mic: My pc- inspiron 3670, just recently will not longer detect my microphone with my headphones. I have tried troubleshooting and reinstalling my headphones but nothing has worked. I have my headphones plugged into the headset jack but the jack or my pc won't detect my mic with...
  3. Computer won't detect mic.

Computer won't detect mic.: About a week ago I got on my pc and realized that my mic wasn't working so I started to investigate and found that my headphones still worked when I had them plugged into my pc through the headset jack but it won't detect that my mic that is with the headphones anymore. I...
  4. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...
  5. gamebar not recording my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gamebar not recording my mic: my gamebar isnt recording my mic anymore but is recording my friends mics on discord and in game mics. how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-not-recording-my-mic/e2e297e8-38c9-4e5c-b65c-29cdb0cd31e4
  6. Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic: Whenever I use my mic to record, it picks up all other noise that would come through my headphones. So not only is my voice recorded but so is everyone else's voice that is coming through my headphones, even when the volume of the headphones is 0. I have made sure the "Listen...
  7. Windows 10 doesn’t detect mic

Windows 10 doesn’t detect mic: My Asus H10M-D doesn’t detect a new mic, which I have recently purchased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-detect-mic/935061e5-ea07-4d1b-953f-9dae6464b7ae
  8. mic not detecting in windows 10

mic not detecting in windows 10: Hi I have purchased a new mic (Iball M27). but windows is not detecting it. THe mbd model of my desktop is ASUS H10M-D. Pls provide solution.. I have tried with updated bios and drivers also...
  9. windows 10 mic recording issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 mic recording issue: I tried recording a gane with mic audio but the recording did not have mic audio at all. to eliminate possibilities i was also using discord to talk to a friend, and he could hear me. the recording settings was set to record voice too. Whay do i not hear myself in the...
  10. 3.5mm mic not being detected

3.5mm mic not being detected: Hi, I am running windows 10 of a gaming PC build, and my headsets mic is bad quality. I have bought a small microphone that connects with a 3.5mm jack. However when I look in the input device settings, it does not seem to show up. Do I need to set up the mic somehow and if so...