Windows 10: Recording Mic Not Detected

Discus and support Recording Mic Not Detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Triobian, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Triobian Win User

Recording Mic Not Detected

So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is that my microphone is not being detected by Windows, it doesn't show up at all. I've tried a variety of things, but if you think you have a solution, assume I haven't tried it. If you can, I would like details and step by step stuff, I'm not great at improv direction. I'm a streamer and Youtuber, and the mic and interface was chosen because it's the the popular choice among other streamers.

Details of my setup:
    Mic: AT 2035
    Interface: Line 6 UX2
    PC: Custom
    Motherboard: Crossfire V Formula Z
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.01 GHz
    Ram: 16.0 GB
    GPU: GTX 1080 Founder Edition
    Recording Software: OBS

Picture 1: Current configuration of Pod Farm 2
    Version: 2.59
    Details:
    As seen, all three items in the configuration are turned on.Input is set to mic 1, and as seen from the levels the mic is working and the software is registering audio.

Picture 2: Pod Farm License Manager
    Details: As seen, both my computer and the UX2 Interface are authorized.Something I see, there are add-on's in UX2 but not on my pc, not sure if that is significant.

Picture 3: Playback and Recording
    Details:
    "Speakers 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "NVIDIA HDMI Output (Port 1 - 3)" Are my monitors.
    "SONY TV - 4" Another of my monitors.
    "AT Headphones" My headphones.
    "Realtek Digital Output (1 - 2)" Not sure, but from the disc that came with my motherboard.
    "Digital Audio Interface 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "Microphone" This is not the AT 2035. I'm unsure what it is, but when listening to audio its just the same droning noise. Might be an audio jack on the computer itself.
    "Line In" No clue on this.
    "Stereo Mix" Not sure what this does, but it is also from the disc that came with the motherboard.

That's everything that I can think to include. If you need more information in order to help I will do my best to answer. So, if you might know of a solution, please do say.

:)

Triobian, Jun 23, 2017
  2. jonmoreno Win User

Headset mic not working

I've had a turtlebeach headset that i used on my win 8.1 mic and headset working fine.

I upgraded to windows 10 and now it doesn't detect the mic, I've visited the recording devices tab, sound tab. It does not want to detect my mic, but it detects the headset. Please help.

jonmoreno, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Skull candy slyr headset not working

Go to the PC's Support Downloads webpage to update the Sound driver to the latest.

Does the mic work in another PC?

Right click Volume icon in System Tray, choose Recording Devices. Is the mic detected from any USB port or mic port? Right click a blank area to show Disabled Devices. Right click the mic if listed to run Troubleshooter.

Type Troubleshoot in Start Search, open Troubleshoot app. Run Hardware and Recording Devices Troubleshooters.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

Recording Mic Not Detected

1. Recording Mic Not Detected - Similar Threads - Recording Mic Detected

2. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  3. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  4. Earphone mic not detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphone mic not detecting: I plugged in some earphones and it asked me "Is it a headset, microphone or earphones". I pressed headset on accident and clicked don't ask me again. How do I bring up the option to choose again?Now all the devices I plug in are treated as microphones, which means my...
  5. earphone mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone mic not detected: Hello everyoneI'm using Haylou W1 and it work for playing music but not for meeting because the mic is not detected in input deviceWhen I'm trying to look into device manager the headset is disconnected but it don't want to be connectedis there anything that I need to do so I...
  6. earphone mic not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphone mic not detected: Hello everyoneI'm using Haylou W1 and it work for playing music but not for meeting because the mic is not detected in input deviceWhen I'm trying to look into device manager the headset is disconnected but it don't want to be connectedis there anything that I need to do so I...
  7. Mic not recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not recording: Hi there, I have been using my AKG earphone as a mic and another headphone for sound output for like a year and suddenly the mic it stopped working. I thought it was just the mic broken so I bought another one and plugged in but it did not work. Windows recognize the mic...
  8. All mic recordings are blunted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All mic recordings are blunted: I have two microphones. The PC mic and a headset mic. Regardless of which one I used while recording, the sound cuts up and down. For example if I talk in my regular voice and slowly ascend up in octaves, the transmission output will jump from normal voice to high pitch,...
  9. Mic detected but doesn't record sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic detected but doesn't record sound.: Recently I decided to use my headset for recording purposes. I haven't used it in over 9 months until now. Everything connects and works normally except for the mic. It detects when the mic is plugged in, but doesn't record any audio. Please don't give me stereo typical "Mic...
  10. gamebar not recording my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gamebar not recording my mic: my gamebar isnt recording my mic anymore but is recording my friends mics on discord and in game mics. how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-not-recording-my-mic/e2e297e8-38c9-4e5c-b65c-29cdb0cd31e4