Windows 10: Recording of background audio

Discus and support Recording of background audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there I am having a problem with recording my game clips with the audio in the xbox game bar. The problem seems to be that I can record fine in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Worco, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Worco Win User

Recording of background audio

Hi there

I am having a problem with recording my game clips with the audio in the xbox game bar. The problem seems to be that I can record fine in terms of the video. However the audio doesn't seem to pick up unless I have a microphone attached, recording through the microphone as apposed to recording the back gorund sound.

I have tried using a small loopback cable, plugging in from the mic round to the headphone socket and booting up audacity.

While it worked in one sense by picking up the audio, the audio seemed echoed even though it was coming through the audio jack and not a microphone.

I know I can do it by recording the audio with mic near the speaker, but that sounds grainy and really want to have it as crisp as possible.

Is there anyone out there who can help and tell me what I am doing wrong and what settingsII should be using please? I'm looking to create a youtube quality in game video.

:)

Worco, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Recording of background audio

Audio Recording Problem

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to troubleshoot concerns regarding audio:

• Press Windows key + X > Control Panel.
    • Select the drop-down men beside View by: then choose
      Small icons
    • Go to Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound >
      Recording Audio.
    Give it a try and let us know if you need further assistance.

Regile Reb, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Recording of background audio

1. Recording of background audio - Similar Threads - Recording background audio

2. Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification: So I use the Xbox Game Bar and background recording pretty frequently while playing games but yesterday I turned it on for Google Chrome and now whenever I put any video fullscreen, the image will stutter. Is there a way to turn off background recordings for a specific app?...
  3. "Started Background Recording"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Started Background Recording": I want to disable this very annoying notification, without disabling Game Bar capturing because I use it to get game clips. I've done it before, but can't figure it out again. submitted by /u/LeekProfessional2453 [link] [comments]...
  4. Audio recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio recording: How can I test my microphone on my HP Pavillion to ensure it's working correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recording/4102eee7-05c3-4fca-b19d-ad466c42980c
  5. Background recording

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background recording: so I have windows 10 home with my specs being: AMD phenom ll x4 965, nvidia gtx 470, 24gigs of ram. Have all the latest updates windows, nvidia all the drivers, but it still says I cant use background recording I thought it was just the hardware and I’m still going to...
  6. Background Recording on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Recording on PC: Hi, I have been having some issues for quite some time. The issues have persisted across multiple devices, one a gaming laptop, and the other a high end PC. I like the convenience of having an accessible background recording software as I often make clips of my gameplay,...
  7. PowerPoint: adding an audio background to a screen recording slide.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint: adding an audio background to a screen recording slide.: I would like to add various screen recording slides to my powerpoint presentation. I would like to add background music to the screen recording slide. I would like to add different music to each screen recording slide. I would like the screen recording to begin...
  8. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  9. Record in the background on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record in the background on Windows 10?: Is there a program that always records for you in the background during gambling, but only saves the clips you want to save? All other clips are automatically deleted. I do not know exactly how to describe this. I mean the same system as on the PlayStation 4, where you can...
  10. audio recordings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio recordings: I want to make an audio recording, and make a copy on a memory stick to send by mail to a friend to play on a laptop or pc How please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recordings/9c68afc0-a4a6-4abc-9617-1b215e7a0326