Windows 10: Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity

Discus and support Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm a songwriter in Norman Oklahoma & need assistance recording on Windows 10 desk top thru webcam mic. Audacity will be the source of recording.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimWilson_sooner, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity

I'm a songwriter in Norman Oklahoma & need assistance recording on Windows 10 desk top thru webcam mic. Audacity will be the source of recording.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tim Wilson

https://youtu.be/7GRJe6w_rgY

:)

TimWilson_sooner, Sep 17, 2020

2. Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I've recently updated to the newest free download of Audacity using Windows 10 Pro. Everything works in the software with exception that the record level adjuster doesn't do anything when moving it around. Not sure if making some changes on the presets
    in Audacity or with Windows 10 itself would correct this. At this point the software does record on its own but I'm not able to adjust the level. Please advise and thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

John Paulson

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

JohnPaulson3, Sep 17, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

Hi John

Audacity is a great utility, however, they have to keep updating the app when a new Windows Update is released and the Audacity team can sometimes take time to catch up with changes made to the operating system

For the moment, until they release a patch, change the Windows System recording levels when using Audacity - Open the Settings App, go to System - Sound - Input

Hopefully the Audacity Team will release a patch for this soon . ..

DaveM121, Sep 17, 2020
  4. rnamoo06 Win User

Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity

AUDACITY

Audacity doesn't work with Windows 10 period...Maybe someday it will...Tired of all the posts about looking for or activating settings while standing on your head...Be glad you were able to record with Audacity before the demise....

rnamoo06, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity

1. Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity - Similar Threads - Recording Audacity

2. Can't screen record with snipping tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't screen record with snipping tool.: When I try to screen record with the snipping tool, it loads for a couple of seconds and then denies me. Any suggestions?-Cameryn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-screen-record-with-snipping-tool/8d29ce79-c244-4c0d-b86d-4b19b69f2f8f
  3. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  4. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  5. Audacity Won't Record After Latest Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audacity Won't Record After Latest Upgrade: Since the latest upgrade, Audacity 3.0.0, their latest will not record. Using Windows 10. My older laptop would record just fine, but today, Windows upgraded and it won't work. I had asked the Audacity forum for help, and they pointed their finger at Microsoft. I know I can't...
  6. Problem with significant white noise when recording with Audacity using plug in earbuds but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with significant white noise when recording with Audacity using plug in earbuds but...: I have a PC running Windows 10 2004 and I use Audacity as a recorder. When I use Apple earbuds that are carefully set up using the "Sound" setup procedures I get very noticeable 2 to 3% of peak white noise in recordings. But, when I record using microphone audio from a mixer...
  7. Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809: Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809 HI! My computer has Windows 10/64 1809 and a sound card from Realtek. It has been impossible to record sound to Audacity (2.3.0) through Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio) after Windows 10...
  8. Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I've recently updated to the newest free download of Audacity using Windows 10 Pro. Everything works in the software with exception that the record level adjuster doesn't do anything when moving it around. Not sure if making some changes on the presets in Audacity...
  9. Audacity and recording "What U Hear"

Audacity and recording "What U Hear": When previously on WIN 7 Pro 64 bit I was able to record with Audacity what ever was coming out the speakers using the "What U Hear" feature of my sound card (Creative PCIe X-Fi Titanium). Having upgraded and subsequently a clean install of WIN 10 Pro 64 bit this no...
  10. Win 10 not able to import "plugins" on Audacity music editor/recorder

Win 10 not able to import "plugins" on Audacity music editor/recorder: Hello all, I realize that this is a Windows 10 forum, but I'm having an issue with the Audacity software and their tech people have not been able to solve the problem. So I thought that I'd give you experts a shot at it. I am running a brand new Asus GL753VE-DS74 gaming...