Windows 10: Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X'

Discus and support Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i've been using the Razer Seiren X for about a month or two and it's really good but suddenly my defualt communication device changed to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustHusk, Feb 5, 2019.

1. JustHusk Win User

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X'

Hi,

i've been using the Razer Seiren X for about a month or two and it's really good but suddenly my defualt communication device changed to another device so i can't use it in online games (well the ones that don't let you choose your input), but suddenly it wont let me click on this device anymore.

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' 69b9d283-c229-4acf-b293-dd1634199260?upload=true.png

I can click on any device but as soon as i click Razer Seiren X (or move down to it with arrow keys), it instantly crashes.
    Although when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' in the Playback tab its completely fine.
    I checked the threads on 'Recording Tab Freezes' and tried all the fixes and they just don't work for my issue.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, If not then an alternative would be if you can change communication devices from the cmd?
    Either would be great.

Thanks!

:)

JustHusk, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Chino Win User

Razer Unveils New Seiren Elite Microphone Designed for Streamers

Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today unveiled a new addition to the Razer Broadcaster range of professional-grade streaming equipment, the Razer Seiren Elite microphone.

Razer Seiren Elite
    The Razer Seiren Elite is a dynamic USB microphone packed with professional grade features to bring high quality audio to live streamers and YouTube broadcasters. The single capsule design, coupled with built-in filter and limiter gives a richer, warmer vocal tone previously only found through high-end broadcast equipment.

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' 7li73NfKmfsajIXK_thm.jpg

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' heGAfPfy3pb2EDZy_thm.jpg

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' xuhUWX9yipEZWUAU_thm.jpg

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' 518qqoDMCERzmCRs_thm.jpg

The Razer Seiren Elite features a single dynamic capsule and cardioid capture pattern for accurate wide frequency recording. The built-in high-pass filter removes unwanted low-frequency vibrations, such as fan noises or air conditioner hums. And when the excitement gets too much, a digital/analog vocal limiter will automatically adjust audio gains to prevent distortion and popping, keeping streams and recordings balanced and smooth.

"Most professional-grade microphones require additional recording equipment, like mixers and converters, that you need to get your sound onto your PC," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "The Razer Seiren Elite solves that problem, letting broadcasters focus on their content and letting the Seiren Elite handle their audio."

The Razer Seiren Elite simplifies the audio set-up process by being a simple plug and play operation, not requiring external mixers, amplifiers or signal converters. The Razer Seiren Elite is the latest addition to the Razer Broadcaster range, which includes the Razer Kiyo, a streaming camera with built-in ring light which was won the Tom's Guide Innovation award for peripherals and the Laptop Mag Editors' Choice in 2017 .

Price:
    Razer Seiren Elite: USD$199.99 / €219.99

Availability:
    • Razerzone.com - January 2018
    • Worldwide - January 2018
    Razer Seiren Elite Product features:
    • Single Dynamic Capsule - For rich and warm vocal quality
    • Inbuilt High-Pass Filter - For ultra-clean recording signals
    • Digital/Analog Vocal Limiter - For zero distortion
    • 16-bit/48kHz Resolution - To optimize your stream
    • Zero Latency Monitoring - For zero audio lag
    • Flat Frequency Response Monitoring - For accurately reproduced sound
    Microphone Specifications
    • Sample Rate: min 44.1kHz / max 48kHz
    • Bit Rate: 16 bit
    • Capsule: Single Dynamic Capsule
    • Polar patterns: Cardioid
    • Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
    • Connectivity: USB only
    • Max SPL: 120dB
    Headphone amplifier
    • Impedance: ≥ 16Ω
    • Power output (RMS): 85mW (at 16 Ω)
    • Flat Frequency Response: Yes
    • Zero-Latency Monitoring: Yes

Chino, Feb 5, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Razer Launches Seiren Pro Microphone for Streamers with XLR Recording

Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the Razer Seirēn Pro, a digital microphone designed for streamers and YouTubers.
    The Razer Seirēn Pro includes a high-pass filter to remove low-end ambient noises, such as hums, rumbles, traffic and wind, which streamers may face when creating content. This makes the Razer Seirēn Pro digital microphone ideal for the needs of live video broadcasters, YouTubers and even aspiring musicians that value clarity.

Additionally, the Razer Seirēn Pro gives streamers the option of recording via an analog XLR or digital USB connection. The XLR cable allows the Razer Seirēn Pro to be plugged directly into mixing boards and cameras. Users can chain together multiple microphones and instruments to the board with the XLR option, with increased flexibility for adjustments on the fly during live sessions.

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' 95a_thm.jpg

"With the success of YouTube, Twitch and the likes, there is a greater demand for high-fidelity recording equipment than ever before," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "Our second condenser microphone, the Razer Seirēn Pro, delivers what video game streamers are looking for and provides great value to YouTubers, musicians and anyone looking to capture sound clearly."

Accessories such as a shock mount and pop filter are also available to pair with the Razer Seirēn Pro digital microphone for a complete recording setup. These accessories along with the Razer Seirēn Pro professional bundle can be found exclusively on RazerStore.

The Razer Seirēn Pro is the latest addition to Razer's collection of products designed for content streamers. The original Razer Seirēn, released late last year, also features a versatile multi-pattern USB digital connection capable of four different recording configurations with three custom-tuned, 14 mm condenser capsules.

Prices:
    • Razer Seirēn Pro digital microphone U.S. $249.99 / EU EUR299.99
    • Shock mount accessory for the Razer Seirēn Pro U.S. $49.99 / EU EUR49.99 (RazerStore exclusive)
    • Pop filter accessory for the Razer Seirēn Pro U.S. $49.99 / EU EUR49.99 (RazerStore exclusive)
    • Razer Seirēn Pro bundle (including accessories) U.S. $299.99 / EU EUR349.99 (RazerStore exclusive)
    Product features:
    • HD recording with outstanding clarity
    • 4 adjustable recording patterns (Cardioid, Stereo, Omni, Bi-directional)
    • Quick controls for pattern switching, headphone volume and mic gain
    • Built in headphone amplifier with zero latency output
    • Recording via XLR or USB connection
    • High-pass filter -- filters frequencies below 100 Hz
    Microphone specifications
    • Power required / consumption: 5V 300 mA (USB) / 48V DC (analog)
    • Sample rate: 192 kHz
    • Bit rate: 24 bit
    • Capsules: Three 14 mm condenser capsules
    • Polar patterns: Stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional
    • Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
    • Sensitivity: 12.5 mV/Pa (1 kHz)
    • Max SPL: 120 dB (THD: 0.5% 1 kHz)
    Headphone amplifier
    • Impedance: > 16 ohms
    • Power output (RMS): 130 mW (@16 ohms)
    • THD: 0.009%
    • Frequency response: 15 Hz - 22 kHz
    • Signal-to-noise ratio: 114 dB

btarunr, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X'

Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X'

1. Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X' - Similar Threads - Recording tab sound

2. Microphone problems on Windows 11. Razer Seiren Mini

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone problems on Windows 11. Razer Seiren Mini: I bought a new microphone today, and upon trying to set it up, noticed it wasn't showing up in my Microphone Inputs.When I checked my Device Manager, it showed up, but physically isn't working. There's no driver problems, because the mic doesn't HAVE drivers, it's just a plug...
  3. Microphone problems on Windows 11. Razer Seiren Mini

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone problems on Windows 11. Razer Seiren Mini: I bought a new microphone today, and upon trying to set it up, noticed it wasn't showing up in my Microphone Inputs.When I checked my Device Manager, it showed up, but physically isn't working. There's no driver problems, because the mic doesn't HAVE drivers, it's just a plug...
  4. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab: Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab in Windows 10. Happens every time.Here is the crash report. How do I locate the fix for this?SourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎3/‎26/‎2022 10:11StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  5. Razer seiren x drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Razer seiren x drivers: So I've just bought razer seiren x microphone, so and on all Windows 10 pc's it sounds really quiet, but on Windows 7 laptop with another drivers it sounds much louder and better. How can I coup with this?...
  6. Microphone Problem on Razer Seiren X

Microphone Problem on Razer Seiren X: I cannot change the gain or the volume of my microphone. None of the sliders show up except the level and it does not move when i slide it, plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-problem-on-razer-seiren-x/1e5a83a2-17ab-4a3c-9571-1a5de271a566
  7. No sound when recording

No sound when recording: How do I get my external speakers to work when I'm recording from line-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-recording/cb524f1e-618b-40fa-99f6-b15f9bc90eae
  8. File Explorer crashes when clicking on "File" tab (and only in that situation)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashes when clicking on "File" tab (and only in that situation): Hi, As the title said, for a few weeks now my File Explorer is crashing whenever I click/go to the "File" tab. Which means it also crashes when I do a CTRL+E. The only way for me to open a File Explorer window is to download a file using Chrome, then right click and "open...
  9. Razer Kraken X 7.1 Surround Sound not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Razer Kraken X 7.1 Surround Sound not working: I've installed Razer 7.1 Surround Sound and followed the instructions and my headset doesn't work[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/razer-kraken-x-71-surround-sound-not-working/d55de84e-8b8f-4df8-bea2-0b9aefce57da
  10. My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone: I just swapped my old Kraken Razer USB for a new HyperX Cloud Stinger, and the new mic is way too low. So i went to see it on the record tab, but when i click that mic (doesnt happen when i click other ones), it crashes. This was happening with the razer one too, but i didnt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashes on audio recording tab