Windows 10: recording the screen using Xbox capture

Discus and support recording the screen using Xbox capture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was recording the screen using Xbox capture on windows 10. However the screen went blank sleep mode, I could still hear the activity on the screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sina_250, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Sina_250 Win User

recording the screen using Xbox capture

I was recording the screen using Xbox capture on windows 10. However the screen went blank sleep mode, I could still hear the activity on the screen. I moved the mouse and then realized that the recording had stopped but when I went to the captures folder, it was not there. Is there any way I can retrieve the recording? That was my teacher capture and I do have final exam tomorrow.

:)

Sina_250, Apr 13, 2021

2. Screen capture

I could not find screen capture window in Xbox. Where to find out Screen capture utility in windows10? Kindly give step by step help.

shrikanttillu, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 13, 2021
  4. awd_ Win User

xbox 360 splitting video signal

Hello,

I just happened to come over your post.

Could you please tell us exactly where you don't get any signal? Both the screen and the computer (via capture device)?

Have you tried the following?
    • Make sure you get a signal to the screen when using an HDMI cable directly from the Xbox 360 to the screen. Please make sure all cables work.
    • Make sure you get a signal to the capture card with the same cables.
    If you get a signal on the screen but not on the computer, could you please try the following?
    • Set the Xbox 360 to output at 720p. The frame rate will (or should) be 59.94.
    • If possible, make sure you capture the video with the same settings on the computer.
    • Try any other settings if this does not work.
    If it still does not work, please try this in the same order:
    • Power off computer (and capture device) and Xbox 360.
    • Power on computer (and capture device) and wait until the capture device is properly powered on and initialized.
    • Power on the Xbox 360.
    • Make sure you can capture properly.
    If it still does not work, make sure that one or more of the following are not defective:
    • The HDMI-VGA/composite adapter.
    • The VGA cable.
    • The capture device (could be just the input connector).
    If that works, please install the HDMI splitter.

I am wondering a bit why you show us the wires inside the HDMI cable. Did you remove the isolation and/or do something with the wires?

I am not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

Could you please tell me/us the model of your capture device, and also the adapter between the HDMI cable and capture device?

Regards,
    awd_

Thema:

1. recording the screen using Xbox capture - Similar Threads - recording screen using

2. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  3. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  4. Capturing Achievements using Video Recording Software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capturing Achievements using Video Recording Software?: Hello! I'm wondering if it is possible to capture the blue achievements message that pops up, using video recording software?I'm not entirely sure which process is triggering the achievement, so I don't know what to target. I tried several times when completing achievements...
  5. Can't Record Screen Capturing using Xbox Studio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Record Screen Capturing using Xbox Studio: Hi all, I tried to record a game sequence using Xbox Game Bar, yet I got an error saying that my hardware does not support it. I find it hard to believe actually.. I'm using NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030. its driver is up-to-date, as well as the Windows 10 updates. Did anyone...
  6. Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture?: Hi, the screen capture via Xbox gaming has been very useful and I prefer it over other programs. The only issue is, I take long recordings and the default settings usually leave me with video files in the range of 6-15 gb. I was wondering if its possible to configure the...
  7. Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar

Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar: So today while I was playing valorant, I decided to record my gameplay using the xbox game bar but when I click on the record button, it says 'Cant record right now. Try Again later'. It used to work fine couple days ago and now all of a sudden it doesn't work. submitted by...
  8. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  9. My Xbox screen capture recorded the wrong window

My Xbox screen capture recorded the wrong window: Windows 10 has a built in screen capture. And, To my advantage I used it for my Zoom class so i could re-watch the recording. But it recorded the notepad window not the Zoom window. Although i can hear the class going on but i am unable to watch whats going on. I humbly ask...
  10. Audio From Screen Record Captures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio From Screen Record Captures: When I listen to audio through my headphones it sounds fine, but whenever I screen record anything through the windows game bar screen recorder the audio comes out crackly in the video, this happens when i record from the internal speakers as well...