Windows 10: Recording to external hard disk?

Discus and support Recording to external hard disk? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I will do a 24 hour stream soon and I will get an external hard drive because I want to record the stream. Can I record the stream directly to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bosshaft744, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Recording to external hard disk?

I will do a 24 hour stream soon and I will get an external hard drive because I want to record the stream. Can I record the stream directly to an external hard drive from Streamlabs OBS?

:)

Bosshaft744, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Recording to external hard disk?

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Recording to external hard disk?

1. Recording to external hard disk? - Similar Threads - Recording external hard

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. External hard disk issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard disk issues: Hello Aklesh Gond, Unfortunately I save the recovery key certificate on external hard drive only, which is encrypted now.Not sure how to decrypt this external hard drive and recover my data.RegardsAtith...
  4. External hard disk issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard disk issues: Hello Aklesh Gond, Unfortunately I save the recovery key certificate on external hard drive only, which is encrypted now.Not sure how to decrypt this external hard drive and recover my data.RegardsAtith...
  5. External Hard Disk not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Disk not detected: I have a WD My Passport external HDD with 1 TB capacity. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't detect it however, in devices and printer, it shows the device. What can I do to have it detected?Help?...
  6. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  7. BitLocker - External Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker - External Hard Disk: I have Western Digital Hard Disk. It is BitLocker protected. I have Key ID i.e. 7BF91855. Is there anyway I can retrieve my bitlocker recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-external-hard-disk/ec9c56aa-15d6-42f9-aff0-f88af87a5b1c
  8. External hard disk is not recognized?

External hard disk is not recognized?: Is recognized but not displayed in the This PC! Externe Festplatte wird nicht erkannt?
  9. external hard disk decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    external hard disk decryption: Hello, I have not been able to open my encrypted external hard drive on Windows 10 pro. The external drive was encrypted by using the same system and after encryption completed I removed the external drive then when I attached the drive, it says the device is locked and...
  10. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28