Windows 10: Recording "What U Hear" not working.

Discus and support Recording "What U Hear" not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to record any audio to my PC. I have tried multiple programs that record from the sound card. What U hear option is listed in settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DVibrock, Sep 16, 2019.

1. DVibrock Win User

Recording "What U Hear" not working.

I am unable to record any audio to my PC. I have tried multiple programs that record from the sound card. What U hear option is listed in settings, but not working. I have tried everything I know adjusting settings uninstalling the sound card driver and software, cleaning the registry. Nothing hs worked so I am out of ideas. Use to work fine, now the exact same problem pops up on 2 PCs at the same time. I wonder if a Windows 10 update has caused this problem. Recording programs tried are Creative Smart Recorder and two different Roxio programs also Audacity. In Creative Smart Recorder I get an error has occurred during monitoring. In Audacity I get error opening recording device, error code 9996 Invalid device. Can anyone help?

:)

DVibrock, Sep 16, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Audacity and recording "What U Hear"

I have exactly the same sound card as yours and I don't have any problem recording thru "What U Hear" with Audacity.
    Yes, it might be related because mine shown as Creative.

Recording "What U Hear" not working. [​IMG]

There's is a slight problem with Creative driver. Try to disable Enhancements from: Playback devices->Speakers->Properties.

If you have this option unchecked then sometimes you'll lose the sound. If that's the case, open Device Manager->Sounds, video...->Creative SB X-Fi, just disable it then re-enable again.

Here's my test with Audacity:

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2019
  3. AjayK47 Win User
    Audacity and recording "What U Hear"

When previously on WIN 7 Pro 64 bit I was able to record with Audacity what ever was coming out the speakers using the "What U Hear" feature of my sound card (Creative PCIe X-Fi Titanium).

Having upgraded and subsequently a clean install of WIN 10 Pro 64 bit this no longer works. I have downloaded the latest Creative driver for the sound card (which shows correctly in Device Manager) right clicking the sound icon in System Tray and selecting "What U Hear" as default recording device same within Audacity itself.

I have noticed that within Control Panel - Devices and Printers that "What U Hear" actually shows up as a device and I don't recall this being the case with WIN 7. If I right click on this icon - Properties - Hardware - Properties - Driver it shows as a Windows Driver rather than Creative. Could this be the problem.

Anyone else having problems with Audacity and WIN 10 and specifically recording "What U Hear"?

AjayK47, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Recording "What U Hear" not working. - Similar Threads - Recording Hear working

2. What do u do if it shows this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do u do if it shows this: What do u do if it shows this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-u-do-if-it-shows-this/ec15d805-8b87-4f8b-9c63-a4282866d892
  3. What do u do if it shows this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do u do if it shows this: What do u do if it shows this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-u-do-if-it-shows-this/ec15d805-8b87-4f8b-9c63-a4282866d892
  4. What do u do if it shows this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Y u no work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Y u no work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aivarukaz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lz5uzc/y_u_no_work/
  6. Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded?

Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded?: I used to use screen capture apps like VideoPad and Loom on my PC with Windows 10 Pro frequently. But now, I can record and play back the video, but not the audio. This is mysterious because I can record audio (I use Audacity )and play it back and also listen to audio and...
  7. Any particular reason why the What U Hear virtual device is limited to 48kHz sample-rate?

Any particular reason why the What U Hear virtual device is limited to 48kHz sample-rate?: And any chances Microsoft increases it to 96kHz in the future? submitted by /u/nickeclipse [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcpy0m/any_particular_reason_why_the_what_u_hear_virtual/
  8. will newest sound forge work with my new windows 10 pc? i need to record what i hear.

will newest sound forge work with my new windows 10 pc? i need to record what i hear.: will newest sound forge work with my new windows 10 pc? i need to record what i hear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-newest-sound-forge-work-with-my-new-windows/4ebd7c31-af97-4482-9a9c-c2652b39c6c9
  9. Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording

Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording: When I'm using my monitor as a playback device via NVidia HD Audio (HDMI) the recorded sound is much quieter than what I'm hearing during recording. If I switch playback to Realtek HD Audio (motherboard's 3.5 mm plugs) recorded volume is just fine. On Windows 7 I had no such...
  10. Audacity and recording "What U Hear"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audacity and recording "What U Hear": When previously on WIN 7 Pro 64 bit I was able to record with Audacity what ever was coming out the speakers using the "What U Hear" feature of my sound card (Creative PCIe X-Fi Titanium). Having upgraded and subsequently a clean install of WIN 10 Pro 64 bit this no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 what u hear

2. corregir audacity 9996 invalid device