Windows 10: Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Discus and support Recordings from Game Bar show black screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I have been experiencing this weird glitch when recording with the game bar where the video is a black screen with my cursor glitching around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by minccinoRocker, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Recently I have been experiencing this weird glitch when recording with the game bar where the video is a black screen with my cursor glitching around

Before this happened I unsuccessfully updated my graphics drivers and Restored my computer back to a state earlier. This happened to me before but I had to get my computer fixed due to unrelated problems

I am running AMD drivers

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen 2eb28639-b67b-489d-b69e-a1a5e27370b4?upload=true.png

Thank you for any help

***Modified title from: Game Bar recording glitch***

:)

minccinoRocker, Nov 4, 2019
  2. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Bhrayan23 Win User

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording

The Windows 10 game bar does not support recording all the games, and the error message you received may indicates that the gameplay blocks the game bar from recording. Thus, you'd better search for other Windows 10 screen recorders to do this trick.

Bhrayan23, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

1. Recordings from Game Bar show black screen - Similar Threads - Recordings Game Bar

2. Xbox game bar black recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  3. Xbox game bar black recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  4. Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black

Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black: I am trying to screen record to get clips for a project for school. I have done this before with using the game bar and have never had an issue. Now, when I try to record the captured video is black. The audio sounds a little funny as well but my biggest issue is the black...
  5. Screen record issues Game Bar

Screen record issues Game Bar: Hi, I have tried to record my screen today using the game bar and received the following error message 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057 I needed to record the screen while a video played on a web page open with google chrome. Ive done this before without issue....
  6. Screen recording from game bar won’t work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen recording from game bar won’t work.: I tried to repair it, shut down my computer and turned it on, looked at my storage (it’s fine). It shows me error 0x82323007. submitted by /u/NotSexyStuffAgain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld5yum/screen_recording_from_game_bar_wont_work/
  7. Xbox game bar records as a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar records as a black screen: Half of the time when I am recording footage for a game (overwatch), the recording turns out to be a black screen when I view the mp4 file. I have looked at other forum posts on this, and it seems that this problem is largely unresolved for many people....
  8. Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?: I have had this issue for quite a long time. I would be playing a game (in this case CS:GO), and the gameplay video would only show a black screen with clear audio. This only happens when I am using the "Record That" feature playing in fullscreen. I realize that this feature...
  9. Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.: The problem started after the 1803 update. Now if I record any full screen game, it records the whole video as a black video. But it doesn't happen with the windowed mode....
  10. Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording: Trying to record KSP with the screen recorder, but it will only record for exactly 10 seconds then say 'There's nothing to record. Play some more and try again.' I have tried it windowed and then on a couple other games, same thing. Graphics driver is up to date.MVI 4064 -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen when screen recording game bar

2. windows game bar black screen

3. game bar windows 10 recording black

4. video blank screen after recording from windows game bar