Windows 10: Recordings used to be great but now really choppy in game

Discus and support Recordings used to be great but now really choppy in game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so i play minecraft and i used to use Xbox game bar to record clips and the recordings were very smooth. Here are some clips... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zoydless, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Zoydless Win User

Recordings used to be great but now really choppy in game

Hi, so i play minecraft and i used to use Xbox game bar to record clips and the recordings were very smooth. Here are some clips https://youtu.be/wI8WH-GIReE. But now though, i dont know what happened, and the recordings are just so much worse choppier and bad quality. So i tried OBS and many other recording softwares but they all have the same problem. They are all choppy and have bad quality when u record in game. Can someone PLEASE help me find a solution, ive been trying for really long.

PC Specs :
    4gb RAM
    AMD radeonTMgraphics
    AMD athlon silver 3050u with radeon graphics, 2300mhz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors
    238GB SSD
    1920x1080 monitor, 75hrz refresh rate

Let me know if i missed any specifications

:)

Zoydless, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the game audio is choppy in the recording. This generally happens when the recording is not ended correctly. We can try restarting the service for Game bar and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
      keys together to open Task Manager.
    3. Click on More details.
    4. Look for BcastDVRUserService, and click on
      End Task.
    5. Restart the game and try recording again.

You can change the settings how the audio is recorded and see if that helps in resolving the Audio issue. Please navigate to
    Settings (Windows key + I) >> Gaming >> Captures >> Recorded audio. You can change the Audio quality, and change the Microphone and System volume.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 13, 2021
  3. "Host process for windows Services" causing choppy game/recording audio in Xbox game bar

Hello my im trying to record with xbox game bar and the audio in my recordings is really choppy and the audio pops. The reason for this is because of this "Host Process for windows services" thing when i mute it the audio pops,crackles, and static all
    stops can somebody help me resolve this problem thanks!

EthanielMarble, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Recordings used to be great but now really choppy in game - Similar Threads - Recordings used great

2. AirPods Audio Really Choppy And Not Loud On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Audio Really Choppy And Not Loud On Windows 11: My AirPods work great in my iPhone but when I try connecting to Windows 11 via Bluetooth, it is really choppy at best, or no audio comes through. I know they are connected because they say so in devices. I’ve tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling, updating, changing...
  3. Laptop is really choppy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is really choppy all of a sudden: I started up my laptop just like any other day to play a game called VALORANT. I could already feel the fps was really choppy on my home screen, mouse felt draggy and whenever I pressed the windows button or opened up a new tab could sense that there was a delay. Never...
  4. Laptop is really choppy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is really choppy all of a sudden: I started up my laptop just like any other day to play a game called VALORANT. I could already feel the fps was really choppy on my home screen, mouse felt draggy and whenever I pressed the windows button or opened up a new tab. Never thought of it much but when I opened up...
  5. Xbox Game Bar has choppy recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game Bar has choppy recording: The Xbox Game Bar recording isn't laggy, but when i check it out after ending the recording, it's laggy, how would i fix this? Please know that this is my first time using it, so i don't have much experience....
  6. Choppy audio when screen recording

Choppy audio when screen recording: Recently, I faced problem that after I'm screen record a video. When i played it back, the audio seems too choppy and laggy. Hope someone will help me to overcome this issue, as student I need to record my lecture videos. Please someone help me. Thank you * Moved from...
  7. Choppiness in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppiness in games: Hello, Windows Users I have Windows 10 on my Asus Laptop, with the latest updates installed. My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external monitor60Hz. When I play any games with vSync off, they just feel choppy and not smooth, even though I don't have screen tearing. I...
  8. "Host process for windows Services" causing choppy game/recording audio in Xbox game bar

"Host process for windows Services" causing choppy game/recording audio in Xbox game bar: Hello my im trying to record with xbox game bar and the audio in my recordings is really choppy and the audio pops. The reason for this is because of this "Host Process for windows services" thing when i mute it the audio pops,crackles, and static all stops can somebody help...
  9. Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings: Hi, I've seen a previous post on this topic here Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar - Microsoft Community but the response was pretty much a non-answer because the Mod basically told the guy to just reboot everything and check the settings. This is why I'm...
  10. Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...