Windows 10: recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old

Discus and support recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Need to recover a deleted folder of documents emptied from recycle bin by mistake. Note: restore point too old. Will not shutdown my computer until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philf1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. philf1 Win User

recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old

Need to recover a deleted folder of documents emptied from recycle bin by mistake. Note: restore point too old. Will not shutdown my computer until restore made.

:)

philf1, Nov 22, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (Crecover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (Crecover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 22, 2020
  4. t-hill Win User

How to recover a deleted (documents) folder

I accidentally deleted my documents folder and was panicking like hell I had over 5gb of valuable info there, but I thought hey what about system restore that would save me I learned hard way it can't.So I looked into previous versions of my documents
    folder which were nothing.Increasingly flustered I downloaded recuva in hopes of recovering my folder but the files were anything but from my documents folder so I decided to scan my whole disk and it said I needed 1.4 TB to store my deleted files and I don't
    have that kinda of space.Anyway in how to recover my documents folder.

t-hill, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old - Similar Threads - recover deleted folder

2. Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore: As the question state , I deleted the Documents folder accidentally and I tried to restore it from OneDrive only to find I can't because I already have a folder of the same name. Issue is I can't rename or change that folder in the recycle bin on OneDrive and I can't change...
  3. Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore: As the question state , I deleted the Documents folder accidentally and I tried to restore it from OneDrive only to find I can't because I already have a folder of the same name. Issue is I can't rename or change that folder in the recycle bin on OneDrive and I can't change...
  4. Can I recover deleted restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover deleted restore points?: Hi all,I am trying to restore my Win11 PC to two weeks ago, but I only have two system restore points available, and they are both too recent. I know Windows deletes old restore points to make room for new ones. But is there any possible way to recover some of those old...
  5. Can I recover deleted restore points?

Can I recover deleted restore points?: Hi all,I am trying to restore my Win11 PC to two weeks ago, but I only have two system restore points available, and they are both too recent. I know Windows deletes old restore points to make room for new ones. But is there any possible way to recover some of those old...
  6. Deleting Restore Points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Restore Points: IHiIs it ok to delete the restored points and create new ones?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-restore-points/7d31b102-5043-403b-8d4a-ccb70760cc65
  7. Deleting Restore Points

Deleting Restore Points: IHiIs it ok to delete the restored points and create new ones?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-restore-points/7d31b102-5043-403b-8d4a-ccb70760cc65
  8. Deleting Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Restore Points deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points deleted: I like having restore points to deal with the periodic Microsoft Windows 10 glitches. I understand that for whatever unfathomable reason Microsoft has decided that we can't keep restore points for more than 90 days. I thought that the obvious workaround was to just to...
  10. How to recover deleted documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover deleted documents folder?: The other day my laptop had frozen and once it was loading back up, it seemed to be doing an update. Once it was back on, all my settings had seemed to revert back to how they were when i first got this laptop and all my documents had been moved into users so I dragged one of...