Windows 10: recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old

Discus and support recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Need to recover a deleted folder of documents emptied from recycle bin by mistake. Note: restore point too old. Will not shutdown my computer until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philf1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. philf1 Win User

recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old

Need to recover a deleted folder of documents emptied from recycle bin by mistake. Note: restore point too old. Will not shutdown my computer until restore made.

:)

philf1, Nov 22, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (Crecover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (Crecover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 22, 2020
  4. t-hill Win User

How to recover a deleted (documents) folder

I accidentally deleted my documents folder and was panicking like hell I had over 5gb of valuable info there, but I thought hey what about system restore that would save me I learned hard way it can't.So I looked into previous versions of my documents
    folder which were nothing.Increasingly flustered I downloaded recuva in hopes of recovering my folder but the files were anything but from my documents folder so I decided to scan my whole disk and it said I needed 1.4 TB to store my deleted files and I don't
    have that kinda of space.Anyway in how to recover my documents folder.

t-hill, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old - Similar Threads - recover deleted folder

2. Restore Points automatically deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points automatically deleting: Is it possible to make one restore point that windows wont delete it, if it is already created? submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k822y5/restore_points_automatically_deleting/
  3. How to recover deleted documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover deleted documents folder?: The other day my laptop had frozen and once it was loading back up, it seemed to be doing an update. Once it was back on, all my settings had seemed to revert back to how they were when i first got this laptop and all my documents had been moved into users so I dragged one of...
  4. Restore points deleting on restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore points deleting on restart.: every time i restart my pc my restore points go away, anyone know a fix for this? submitted by /u/fell_ow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyz7wr/restore_points_deleting_on_restart/
  5. Restore points being deleted

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points being deleted: Hi folks, for reasons I can't explain my restore points keep getting deleted despite having System Protection turned on. I first notice the missing restore points earlier this week so I created a manual one and now it's gone too. There were no Windows updates to my PC...
  6. Restore points being deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore points being deleted: Hi folks, for reasons I can't explain my restore points keep getting deleted despite having System Protection turned on. I first notice the missing restore points earlier this week so I created a manual one and now it's gone too. There were no Windows updates to my PC...
  7. System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point: Hello: System Restore did not completed successfully. Your computer system files and settings were not changed. System Restore failed to extract the original copy of the Directory from the restore point. Source: %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps Destination: AppxStaging...
  8. recover deleted folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover deleted folder: recover deleted folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-folder/0143e0d2-3163-43ee-802f-2731c201c236"
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. How to Remove Old Restore Points?

How to Remove Old Restore Points?: Toshiba laptop L55 series, W10 Home Anniversary. With my older laptop running XP, I use to be able to manually delete older system restore points. I don't see a way to do that on my current machine. When I open System Restore, it shows all the restore points, but doesn't...