Windows 10: Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

Discus and support Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a closed 2015 discussion* with a two not very good solutions system restore or a registry key which seems to no longer exist.I believe I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dennis Reinhardt, May 3, 2022.

1. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

There is a closed 2015 discussion* with a two not very good solutions system restore or a registry key which seems to no longer exist.I believe I have found a third solution. I changed the SSID in my router. Win 10 was now able to connect. I changed the SSID back to its old setting and Win 10 was able to see it. Total cost is a few minutes of temporary downtime for the rest of the wireless network.My question: how does the closed discussion get updated?* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-forgotten-wifi-network-on-windows-10/3000791f-830e-4c64-b75f-5465c0a431c1?

:)

Dennis Reinhardt, May 3, 2022
  2. sweenmike Win User

Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

I unintentionally deleted a wifi network on my laptop. Now is does not appear in the list of available wifi networks. I know I am in range as I'm connected to that network on my phone. I know my wifi is working on my laptop as I can connect to all the
    other wifi networks that appear.

I know they SHOULD resync, but this one does not.

Please don't suggest a restore or recover as the only option.

thanks,

Mike

sweenmike, May 3, 2022
  3. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

There is not a way to recover the forgotten network.

If you reconnect to the network and click "Automatically Connect" the profile will be stored.

Tripp Parks [MSFT], May 3, 2022
  4. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

Similar situation. Now have a windows 10 laptop that is unusable at home on wifi.

the deleted networks are not showing in the Registry under wireless/DeletedProfiles but are showing in wireless/ProfileCache.

Not liking the thought of mucking with the registry. Will removing them from the ProfileCache enable them to be reselected?

Any other way of getting forgotten networks to be restored for use?

IanRanford, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

1. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update - Similar Threads - Recover forgotten wifi

2. How to Recover forgotten network in Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Recover forgotten network in Laptop: How to get recover forgetten wifi network back or Where can I see the wifi networks which I forgotten.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-forgotten-network-in-laptop/bcd0750e-14a3-44e5-9cf5-723d6a5e5115
  3. How to Recover forgotten network in Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Recover forgotten network in Laptop: How to get recover forgetten wifi network back or Where can I see the wifi networks which I forgotten.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-forgotten-network-in-laptop/bcd0750e-14a3-44e5-9cf5-723d6a5e5115
  4. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update: There is a closed 2015 discussion* with a two not very good solutions system restore or a registry key which seems to no longer exist.I believe I have found a third solution. I changed the SSID in my router. Win 10 was now able to connect. I changed the SSID back to its old...
  5. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update: There is a closed 2015 discussion with a two not very good solutions system restore or a registry key which seems to no longer exist.I believe I have found a third solution. I changed the SSID in my router. Win 10 was now able to connect. I changed the SSID back to its old...
  6. Recovering a forgotten account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering a forgotten account.: Hello there, so I recently had to reset my computer. However, this time it was different. It didn't save my files nor did it save my previous user and I'm wondering if it's possible to recover it at all....
  7. Recovering a forgotten account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering a forgotten account.: Hello there, so I recently had to reset my computer. However, this time it was different. It didn't save my files nor did it save my previous user and I'm wondering if it's possible to recover it at all....
  8. Recovering a forgotten account.

9. After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it: Hi I have an issue with W10, I have tried every method I know, PowerShell/CMD commands, using Windows interface...going to Safe mode... I am trying my PC to forget a specific Network, which is now too far for a good quality link and is always restored and chosen to connect...
  10. How to recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10: I accidentally clicked "forget network". Need to recover it and I searched to solve the problem but what I got as a solution is "system restore" which I can't do it because I hadn't created a restore point before. Don't know what to do. Please help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore forgotten wifi network