Windows 10: recover a pop3 server password

Discus and support recover a pop3 server password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I recover a pop3 server password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterTurton1, Oct 26, 2020.

1. recover a pop3 server password

how do I recover a pop3 server password

:)

PeterTurton1, Oct 26, 2020
  2. kirksnap Win User

Hotmail no longer sync to server!

Hi ekstamC,

Delete the Hotmail account set up on the phone and then try to manually configure the settings upon setting up using the details below:

• Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)
    • Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)

kirksnap, Oct 26, 2020
  3. AjayK47 Win User
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements.

One BTinternet.com email address
    One Outlook.com email address

Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3.

Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook.com.

Deleted the old POP3 account settings for the Outlook.com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the "manually configure" thinking this would automatically use IMAP. (Left settings unchanged for the POP3 BTinternet.com email address).

To my surprise the Outlook.com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server.

Initially thought this would be ok as this would also sync both ways with web-mail. Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP3 email address was also arriving into the Outlook.com Inbox.

Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP3 email separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox? (Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel of Outlook 2016).

Any help much appreciated.

AjayK47, Oct 26, 2020
  4. tanz1987 Win User

recover a pop3 server password

E72 problems with POP3 email

Hi, please make sure your outgoing connection settings are okay.

Here's what I use for Hotmail (POP3) on my E66, just in case it helps you:

• Username: full email address (including the
      @hotmail.com)
    • Password: ______________
    • Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com
    • Security (ports): StartTLS (not SSL/TLS)
    • Port: 587

tanz1987, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

recover a pop3 server password

1. recover a pop3 server password - Similar Threads - recover pop3 server

2. Imap/Pop3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imap/Pop3 ?: What Is an Imap and or pop3 account even used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imappop3/5355f4ce-3043-4c88-b440-6a2036f29031
  3. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  4. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  5. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Server Denied POP3 Access

Server Denied POP3 Access: I have already added 2 e-mail accounts to my main Gmail account for the purposes of regularly checking for e-mails on my main account. Both the accounts I added were from a different e-mail provider. I had absolutely no problem adding those 2 accounts from a different...
  7. MailWasher Pro 7 fails to log into POP3 server.

in Browsers and Email
    MailWasher Pro 7 fails to log into POP3 server.: 1909 (OS Build 18363.778) I have asked this question a while ago on the Mailwasher forum but still haven't had a reply. When I check in the system in settings it connects to the server. But from the Check Mail button it doesn't. What should I check or do to get it working...
  8. POP3 email password

POP3 email password: I have two POP3 emails from a local provider. I have Windows 10. One email works properly but Mail keeps changing the password on the second email. To get mail, I have to delete and then re-install the second email, mail arrives, then Mail changes the password again. Why?...
  9. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...
  10. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...