Windows 10: Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system

Discus and support Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone!Well, here is the problem: after a partition manager crash, I have to rebuild all my partition system. I have now my linux system 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vsilaire, Jun 2, 2021.

1. vsilaire Win User

Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system

Hi everyone!Well, here is the problem: after a partition manager crash, I have to rebuild all my partition system. I have now my linux system 2 partitions, an EFI partition on which one is installed rEFInd bootloader, and a Windows System partition, with all my program files folder and et caetera.So, is there a way to rebuild the Windows boot volume and keep my system partition, because I don't want to have to reinstall everything?Thank you very much in advance for you help guys!

:)

vsilaire, Jun 2, 2021

2. Can BitLocker encrypt a system partition that uses GPT?

Original Title: BitLocker GPT Support (Guid Partition Table)

Can BitLocker encrypt a system partition that uses GPT?

george.buk, Jun 2, 2021
  3. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system

Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system

1. Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system - Similar Threads - Recover system partition

2. [MBR 2 GPT] Move or create new system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [MBR 2 GPT] Move or create new system partition: Hi,I want to enable secure boot on my SSD to install Windows 11, but I first have to convert it from MBR to GPT. The command mbr2gpt /convert doesn't work because my boot partition and my system partition aren't on the same drive - the system partition is on an old drive...
  3. To convert System disk with 4 partitions from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To convert System disk with 4 partitions from MBR to GPT: I've read the tutorial Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss and I've seen the condition "Although disks configured with MBR-style partition can have up to four primary partitions, for this process to work the disk you want to convert can't have more...
  4. Rebuild Windows boot partition and keep system partition on GPT dualboot system

Rebuild Windows boot partition and keep system partition on GPT dualboot system: Hi everyone!Well, here is the problem: after a partition manager crash, I have to rebuild all my partition system. I have now my linux system 2 partitions, an EFI partition on which one is installed rEFInd bootloader, and a Windows System partition, with all my program files...
  5. Restoring system images on GPT systems

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring system images on GPT systems: I've just finished converting my spare Win 10 laptop from MBR to GPT using MBR2GPT in Win 10. As far as I can see on a first boot it seems to have worked ok so I'm creating a new system image in MR right now. How do you restore images in GPT when the Secure Boot feature in...
  6. recovering gpt partition without data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovering gpt partition without data loss: i had a faulty mbr on an external backup drive so i ran partition magic fixmbr routine unfortunately it requires a restart to fix the drive, when i restarted it fixed my windows gpt drive not the external usb connected mbr drive. i need help with dos syntax to repair the boot...
  7. Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting: I built my own computer with a 500GB SSD and 4TB HDD. Unfortunately I made the mistake of having both drives connected when installing Windows 10 for the first time, and now there's a System Reserved partition on my HDD. The problem with that is that it's only recognizing...
  8. Bitlocker on Dualboot system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on Dualboot system: Hello there, my question is how to configure (if it is possible) Bitlocker encryption on system drive so I can set to automatically unlock encrypted drives. To be more specific I don´t have TPM feature and am using dual-boot with Ubuntu. Setup is following - 1st SSD with...
  9. Windows 10 OS - GPT Primary Partition Set As EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 OS - GPT Primary Partition Set As EFI System Partition: Greetings! This is my first problem post here on TenForums and it is a frustrating one. To make a long story short, I installed Windows 10 on my notebook, leaving a large amount of unallocated space available for a future Linux install. Windows 10 had been running without...
  10. Unable to reinstall to previous system partition (GPT)

Unable to reinstall to previous system partition (GPT): I tried to reinstall Windows to my existing system partition (I would like it to make one of those Windows.old folders). When I select the system partition, I get the error: Windows Setup Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT...