Windows 10: Recover "Account Unknown"

Discus and support Recover "Account Unknown" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home 1909 on a Lenovo laptop and wanted to upgrade to the current build, however updates would always fail. I got the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by will3t00, Jul 23, 2021.

1. will3t00 Win User

Recover "Account Unknown"

I'm running Windows 10 Home 1909 on a Lenovo laptop and wanted to upgrade to the current build, however updates would always fail. I got the error "0x800707e7 0x3000D The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation". A bit of research kept telling me that it was an error with a faulty NVIDIA service account. So I looked at the current users and found my profile, the default, and one called "Account Unknown". I deleted it as per the instructions and it deleted nearly everything on my computer. Files, programs, you name it. I can still log on with my u

:)

will3t00, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Recover "Account Unknown"

Recover your account

Hi Laurie,

This can be due to the changes made to your device.

We'd like to ask the exact error message you are getting. Is it Recover your account or
    Recover your Microsoft account?

If your answer is the latter, you may perform the steps listed in this article. Make sure to read
    Before you begin then start following the steps under Fill out the recovery form.

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Recover "Account Unknown"

1. Recover "Account Unknown" - Similar Threads - Recover Account Unknown

2. Unknown account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown account?: I keep being asked to sing in/verify a work/school account that isn't mine. How to I delete this unknown account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-account/6bd0bc6b-bd42-4ba9-ac68-af58f76e4080
  3. Unknown account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown account?: I keep being asked to sing in/verify a work/school account that isn't mine. How to I delete this unknown account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-account/6bd0bc6b-bd42-4ba9-ac68-af58f76e4080
  4. Unknown account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown account: When I look at group or usernames under windows properties, I see an "Account unknown". This account starts with S-1-15 and has a bunch of numbers separated by hyphens in groups of 7 to 8 characters. What is this and is it supposed to be there?...
  5. Unknown account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown account: When I look at group or usernames under windows properties, I see an "Account unknown". This account starts with S-1-15 and has a bunch of numbers separated by hyphens in groups of 7 to 8 characters. What is this and is it supposed to be there?...
  6. Account Unknown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Unknown: What are all these account unkowns? Also they only show up on files in the download folder.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown/adac6f72-1485-4aa5-90cd-2391eda1d96e
  7. Unknown account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unknown account: [IMG]1st account shown on the bottom left corner is my account but i don't know from where did the 2nd account came. I can't even remove it. Kindly guide me on how to remove it....
  8. unknown account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unknown account: Via Windows Store I downloaded and installed "Persons" (in Dutch: Personen) everything works fine (can add, edit and delete persons,..) but on opening I see an error message "Failed Synchronisation on 1 account" Selecting this I see a button "Repair Account" Clicking this...
  9. Unknown accounts ?

Unknown accounts ?: On several fresh W10 (HOME and PRO) installations, while tweaking permissions, an "unknown account " is listed in addition to the usual Trusted Installer, Administrators, Users, System, etc. It's understood that 'S' accounts are security descriptors, and most are shown as,...
  10. Account Unknown

Account Unknown: Why do I have an account Unknown? I have 6 accounts. The only ones that I recognize are Administrator, and public. [img] [img] 94065