Windows 10: Recover backup file from registry editor

Discus and support Recover backup file from registry editor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've accidentally deleted my windows profile's backup .bak from the ProfileList in Registrary Editor. I lost all my files as a result. Is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HASHIM MOHAMMED HUSSAIN, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Recover backup file from registry editor

I've accidentally deleted my windows profile's backup .bak from the ProfileList in Registrary Editor. I lost all my files as a result.

Is there a way for me to recover my files?

:)

HASHIM MOHAMMED HUSSAIN, Sep 22, 2020
  2. -Joy- Win User

Registry Editor File

Actually, my Registry Editor has undergone changes so that some files (mainly .exe) are showing an error code "0xc0000005". So, if I get a backup reg file of Registry Editor for Windows 7 Professional x86 based 32-bit OS, I can import it in the Registry
    Editor.

-Joy-, Sep 22, 2020
  3. ElderN Win User
    Registry Editor File

What is a backup.reg file, what do you think you need one and what would you do with it if you had one?

Describe the symptoms of your corrupt Registry Editor and include details of how you think it might have become corrupted.

If you think your registry is somehow corrupted you may be able to recover a previous version of the registry from backups that Windows 7 makes automatically.

Before making any adjustments make a manual System Restore point so if something goes haywire you will be able to restore the system to the condition before the adjustments.

First know that there is a Scheduled Task in Windows 7 that backs up the registry every 10 days:

Recover backup file from registry editor b2cbe4d1-4bd3-439e-a700-fc7dcb6718a5?upload=true.jpg

I found a procedure to recover the registry from the backup in the SevenForums community. That way I won't have to compose one myself. Read through the entire topic first so you will understand what is going to happen,

Remember that there are only 5 registry files to worry about:

SAM

SYSTEM

SOFTWARE

SECURITY

First you backup (copy) the files you have to a new folder you will create (so you can undo things if needed), then replace the 5 suspicious files with the backup copies made by the Windows Scheduled Task.

Here is the link (Consider starting at Step 7):

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums

ElderN, Sep 22, 2020
  4. -Joy- Win User

Recover backup file from registry editor

Registry Editor File

Can anyone give a backup.reg file for Windows 7 Professional x86 32 bit OS?

My Registry Editor is corrupt. I haven't created any backup. I don't know what happened. Please help.

Otherwise please mention how to restore my registry editor to default.

-Joy-, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Recover backup file from registry editor

1. Recover backup file from registry editor - Similar Threads - Recover backup file

2. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  3. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  4. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  5. Registry editors

Registry editors: What is the safest registry editor product for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editors/6183e553-c449-4119-9f14-e55e2eed69d5
  6. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  7. How to recover my files which is deleted by Registry editor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover my files which is deleted by Registry editor.: I accidentally delete my Profile Files from Registry Editor. Please help me..... : My 40 GB Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-my-files-which-is-deleted-by/ef45a4d7-f284-488b-9aba-e7400e3d2e8d
  8. Recovering backup files

Recovering backup files: 1TB computer started with Windows 7. Last September Microsoft second level technician had to do a custom instal of Windows 10 to fix problems. Immediately made system repair disk and backed up files to an external 1TB hard drive. Recently computer's Hard Drive warned of...
  9. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...
  10. Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored

Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored: I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10 after some issues I was having with the PC. The clean install went successfully with no errors along the way. Now, however, I am trying to restore files from the backup I made prior to the clean install. If I look on...