Windows 10: Recover corrupted files

Discus and support Recover corrupted files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was editing some files in visual studio and then my pc shut down unexpectedly. After turning my pc on again, I tried to open those files but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/soumyaranjanmahunt, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Recover corrupted files

I was editing some files in visual studio and then my pc shut down unexpectedly. After turning my pc on again, I tried to open those files but they don't show any text in notepad. But the size of the file in explorer indicates their is still content in them. Is there a way I can recover these files??

submitted by /u/soumyaranjanmahunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/soumyaranjanmahunt, Nov 28, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 28, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Recover corrupted files

1. Recover corrupted files - Similar Threads - Recover corrupted files

2. Recovering files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering files: I need help recovering my lost files. I had an error after a Windows 10 update the next time I booted my computer. Eventually I got to the Windows Recovery Mode. I made a recovery disk on a USB using an old laptop. However, the problem got worse and I had to reinstall Windows...
  3. how to recover corrupt file

how to recover corrupt file: how to recover corrupt file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-corrupt-file/55f33777-c6f1-4516-815c-560211f847d2
  4. Recovering Corrupted RTF File

Recovering Corrupted RTF File: I have a journal for this year that I use in Jarte. Jarte has corrupted a file like this before, a few years ago. I was never able to restore that and gave up. But this one I need. In Jarte, Wordpad, and Notepad, it is blank. In Word, it is blocks. It should be almost 200...
  5. recover files

recover files: how to fix a bootex file that has my dash cam video's off my micro sd card I need to recover asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-files/e8e40e5f-6f6e-4043-ac68-4203d589088e"
  6. Recovering files

Recovering files: Recently I have created a new folder on my pc. Then I pasted some media files there and suddenly by mistake I have clicked on the "undo new" option on the pop up menu. And noticed that All the files that I pasted there removed. How Can I recover those Files????...
  7. Best PST Repair Software to Recover Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best PST Repair Software to Recover Corrupted Files: PST file is an Outlook data file and it is sensitive towards corruption and when it got severely corrupt and becomes near to impossible to recover even inbox repair tool fails to recover that corruption. in this situation, PST repair tool needed that is very effective towards...
  8. Recovering files from corrupted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recovering files from corrupted User Account?: I'm trying to get my in-laws laptop back up and running. It's so painfully slow to boot / load anything, and for some reason the start menu won't even pop up (Though thankfully the run command appears quite quickly with a Win+R!) Every time I log in it says it couldn't log...
  9. Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file: 32GB SD card has 2 recognised partitions both are known to be in RAW file format. I have tried many ways using cmd and chkdsk/Diskpart in Administrator mode to recover and format these RAW files/partition from the SD card. However, whatever way I try, I always get Windows...
  10. Any way to recover/repair a text file corrupted by a BSOD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recover/repair a text file corrupted by a BSOD?: I'm furious! I spent several hours adding and updating the code in a large GUI application I'm developing, saving the changes every minute or so like a good boy. Well, I'd just finished a save when I got some kind of kernel BSOD. I rebooted and went back to the code file I...