Windows 10: recover data, external HD fatal error?

Discus and support recover data, external HD fatal error? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dragonmaster113, Dec 1, 2021.

1. recover data, external HD fatal error?

I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to add a drive letter, update drivers, and even downloaded a few programs to try to recover the data. The disk management screen and device manager lists it, but it doesn't let me add a drive letter, and the driver is up to date. I've used a few of the cmd.exe commands to try to check them, but it doesn't list it, so I haven't been able to use those tips. I tried to do the Are there any other tricks I might have missed? Thank you either way.

:)

dragonmaster113, Dec 1, 2021

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Fatal Error

I've been trying to format my system but right after it finishes formatting I get a Fatal Error during the Windows installation process. That Fatal Error is a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). I know that it's because of my hard drives, but how do I fix this issue? I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA II Hard Drives in RAID 0. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Smile recover data, external HD fatal error? :)

Flava0ne, Dec 1, 2021
  4. recover data, external HD fatal error?

The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error - External HD

Hi,

So I did some research and still I cannot fix this problem.

Early this morning I was transferring my files from my laptop to my external because my laptop is getting full already and accidentally plugged out the external while transferring files. Now my external hard drive will not show up on my computer whenever I try to plug in.

So here how it looks like on the disk management, whenever I try to initialize it says:
    the request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

recover data, external HD fatal error? [​IMG]

I'm also trying to recover files with EaseUS, the problem is the external cannot be detected on the pc itself, it only says disk 2.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help me out.

- - - Updated - - -

recover data, external HD fatal error? [​IMG]

ivntiamzon, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

recover data, external HD fatal error?

1. recover data, external HD fatal error? - Similar Threads - recover data external

2. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  3. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  4. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. recover data, external HD fatal error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recover data, external HD fatal error?: I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to add a drive letter, update drivers, and even downloaded a few programs to try to recover the data. The disk management screen...
  6. recover data, external HD fatal error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover data, external HD fatal error?: I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to add a drive letter, update drivers, and even downloaded a few programs to try to recover the data. The disk management screen...
  7. How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?: I was encrypting my external HDD using Bitlocker. At about 50%, the cable got unplugged. When I connected the HDD again, it says the drive is locked. When I enter the password, it does not accept. When I use the recovery key, it does not accept it as well. Bitlocker has...
  8. Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question: ill try and be clear and to the point I have an old laptop HD that was from my old VISTA laptop 2013 approx, just the HD with my old files i had from my old laptop which is dead. I have a new windows 10 )newest version laptop. I tried swapping old hd into the win 10 laptop...
  9. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error - External HD

The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error - External HD: Hi, So I did some research and still I cannot fix this problem. Early this morning I was transferring my files from my laptop to my external because my laptop is getting full already and accidentally plugged out the external while transferring files. Now my external hard...
  10. Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD: I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details: https://www.hddzone.com/mq01ubd100-toshiba-pcb-g3448a-p-3446.html. There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley....