Windows 10: Recover data from mac hdd using windows

Discus and support Recover data from mac hdd using windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I apologise if this is in the wrong area but I have no idea where to post it. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect an HDD from a mac to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulpies84, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Recover data from mac hdd using windows

I apologise if this is in the wrong area but I have no idea where to post it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect an HDD from a mac to my pc. My son in-laws MacBook just died (yes he is an apple snob but now he's stuffed) and he has info on it that he would like. I am pretty sure its not the hdd just the MacBook that is dead.

Any help appreciated

:)

paulpies84, Feb 23, 2019

2. how do i recover data from a hdd that was used in a mac?

i know ALL ABOUT how to recover data from a hdd used in a linux or windows pc but how would i do it with a hdd formatted to apples file system without using a mac computer?

Fitseries3, Feb 23, 2019
  3. slim142 Win User
    Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Jack Doph Win User

Recover data from mac hdd using windows

WD 1TB Portable HDD Fail, Help Recover Data

Hmm. are you advertising or did you genuinely miss the fact he's using Windows?

Jack Doph, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Recover data from mac hdd using windows

1. Recover data from mac hdd using windows - Similar Threads - Recover data mac

2. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  3. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  4. Need help recovering data on hdd

Need help recovering data on hdd: I recently installed the windows 21H1 update and I went to click on my common folder in steam D:Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common and it said folder is missing or moved. Now I cannot use any games in steam as the entire steam library is downloaded to there. It appears...
  5. Copy data from HDD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  6. Is it possible to recover my data from HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to recover my data from HDD: Hello all I wanted to change my windows 10 and I wanted to convert it to MBR from GPT but unfortunately in the command prompt I cleaned the whole disk Is it possible to recover the data from other partitions it's 1TB HDD Please help me submitted by /u/hard2resist [link]...
  7. Recovering from lost HDD

Recovering from lost HDD: Have lost the hard drive on my laptop and can no longer open Windows 10. If I replace the HDD with an SSD is it possible to reinstall Windows without purchasing a new version? Have read articles suggesting it is possible but don't want to waste money or time trying to...
  8. Recover Data from Laptop HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover Data from Laptop HDD: Hello I have a Lenovo Laptop , with an internal HDD drive of 1 TB . Now i have a problem with it , it's no longer working , when i enter the BIOS setup to check , it shows me HDD ," not detected " , and sometimes yes " Detected " and i can see the name of my HDD. I...
  9. Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD: I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details: https://www.hddzone.com/mq01ubd100-toshiba-pcb-g3448a-p-3446.html. There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley....
  10. Recovering Data from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...