Windows 10: Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

Discus and support Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Akaje12#, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Akaje12# Win User

Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details:

https://www.hddzone.com/mq01ubd100-toshiba-pcb-g3448a-p-3446.html.

There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley.

Ironic thing is that the disk is my backup disk for photos, docs etc

I have a DELL Latitude E6540 running Windows 10.

• Disk Management lists it as Disk 1 Unknown // Not Initialised // "Device is not ready" after trying to initialise it in both MBR and GBT.
    • Device Manager lists in Disk Drives as working properly, Drivers up to date etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
    • Disckpart// list disc as an Administrator in CMD will show it as Online but 0 ZERO bites.
    • I have removed and inserted the CMOS battery.

I suspect I have see the "White Gloved" people who will charge me an arm and a leg for data recovery?

Is there anybody in Microsoft land that can assist with an alternative.

Greatly appreciated.

--Moved from Microsoft Teams/Teams and channels--

:)

Akaje12#, Jun 8, 2020

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Nilewine Win User
    How to recover personnel data from external HDD Recovery Disk

Hi,

when i bought this laptop with window 10 64 bit, vendor told me to make recovery disk, i had external HDD 500 GB with other data i.e photos, vedios etc,unfortunately, i not coppied those data elsewhere, and i made recovery disk,

now recovery disk made, but remain old data is not showing in HDD, please help how i can recover from this photos from External HDD recovery disk

thank you,

nilesh

Nilewine, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

recovering data from a failed hdd

I understand your problem. 1 week ago I also lost all my data from hard drive which was crashed. Then one of my friend suggested me to use Remo Recover tool and seriously it worked for me as a miracle. Now I have all my data. Have a look on it. I hope you will like its features.

Joseph Martin, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

1. Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD - Similar Threads - Recover Data Initialised

2. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  3. Need help recovering data on hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help recovering data on hdd: I recently installed the windows 21H1 update and I went to click on my common folder in steam D:Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common and it said folder is missing or moved. Now I cannot use any games in steam as the entire steam library is downloaded to there. It appears...
  4. Restore last data on external HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore last data on external HDD: I think that I know the answer to this question but I have to ask before I plunge ahead. I have a 2TB external HDD that is attached to my media server (WDTV Live). I'm not sure what happened but the WDTV stopped recognizing the HDD. I connected it to my computer and the...
  5. Is it possible to recover my data from HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to recover my data from HDD: Hello all I wanted to change my windows 10 and I wanted to convert it to MBR from GPT but unfortunately in the command prompt I cleaned the whole disk Is it possible to recover the data from other partitions it's 1TB HDD Please help me submitted by /u/hard2resist [link]...
  6. Recover Data from Laptop HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover Data from Laptop HDD: Hello I have a Lenovo Laptop , with an internal HDD drive of 1 TB . Now i have a problem with it , it's no longer working , when i enter the BIOS setup to check , it shows me HDD ," not detected " , and sometimes yes " Detected " and i can see the name of my HDD. I...
  7. move data to external HDD

move data to external HDD: I have very limited memory in my laptop so I connected an external HDD. However I am unable to transfer much to it to free up internal storage. It says error 0x80070780, what are my options? thank you!...
  8. Recovering Data from HDD

Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  9. HDD "Not Initialised"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD "Not Initialised": About a month or so ago I upgraded my Windows 7 machine to a Windows 10 machine. The only components from my old machine are my sound card and a couple of the HDDs (formerly C: and E:, but which I've been using as D: and E*Smile. This morning I noticed the sound of unusual...
  10. External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised: Hi I am using the seagate 2tb drive to transfer data to a backup using syncToy. The drive has been working normally but this time it took a long time to read ( slow moving green bar in address) It finally became unread by the pc so I attempted to rectify this by using...