Windows 10: Recover deleted user

Discus and support Recover deleted user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have something similar to post I need to recover a deleted user account... While testing a new script I was writing, I forgot what profile I was in.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jleggett81, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Recover deleted user

I have something similar to post I need to recover a deleted user account...

While testing a new script I was writing, I forgot what profile I was in. The script adds a user and I told it to create an account with the name that I was in. There already was one, so I thought it worked. So I deleted it and tested it again. This is where I deleted the account, then created another with the same name right after it. The original user folder is still there along with a new one with a similar name, just some extra on the end. So when I sign in, I still see the same user names as before. There is alot of work that I would like to get back.

I have already tried several things (in no specific order, thanks to being able to restore from a backup done before any of these):
    1. Changing where the SID's in the registry point. That ended in the sign on process ending as quick as it begin. It should 'signing in' followed almost immediately by 'signing out'.
    2. Copying the contents of the original user folder to the new one, minus the NTUSER.dat file. This brought everything back, almost. I could open file explorer, start, or almost anything Windows related. Programs were fine. As was things like regedit or the run window. Also, while I could get to the internet the system tray did not have a icon showing connection.
    3. Deleting the new SID and corresponding user folder. This left me with a temp account being created.
    4. Copied a NTUSER.dat from a working profile to the original user folder. Deleted the new user SID and user folder. Then vice versa. Both were disasters.

Here is the original SID, user folder, and the account after deleted now shows as 'Account Unknown'. Its size tells me what it is.

Recover deleted user [​IMG]

Here is the new SID, user folder, and the account for it.

Recover deleted user [​IMG]

My 3 wishes are to be able to keep the original SID, user folder, and account. My goal though is to be able to use the original user folder so that I can still have all my work. I really don't want to have to recreate a year and half of work.

This has been going on for a few days. I am going crazy. This is definitely a lesson about backups. Already purchased Macrium to start scheduling backups once everything is working again. Any and all help is welcomed.

Jonathan

:)

jleggett81, Sep 28, 2019
  2. michael Win User

Need to know Best Recovery Software to recover shift+Deleted data

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

Yesterday I shift deleted some of the data from my desktop from my 256GB SSD.
    I need to recover them,

Please suggest my the best software to recover it.

Thanks.

michael, Sep 28, 2019
  3. deleted user account

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you willing to create the Family account again?
    • Are you trying to recover the files of the deleted account?
    If you are trying to recover the deleted account files. Microsoft doesn't have that option of recovering.

Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Melvis Win User

Recover deleted user

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Recover deleted user

1. Recover deleted user - Similar Threads - Recover deleted user

2. How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, a user profile is an account you use to sign in […] This article How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. How to recover Deleted user and its files in WIndows 10 ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to recover Deleted user and its files in WIndows 10 ?: Recently I was trying to remove local account from my pc (Windows 10 Home) And I Google it out Microsoft official was showing steps to delete local user, But , I accidently deleted my main user account which I use With all the files in it and every thing in it And this whole...
  4. How to recover Deleted user and its files in WIndows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover Deleted user and its files in WIndows 10 ?: Recently I was trying to remove local account from my pc (Windows 10 Home) And I Google it out Microsoft official was showing steps to delete local user, But , I accidently deleted my main user account which I use With all the files in it and every thing in it And this whole...
  5. How to recover a deleted user and its data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a deleted user and its data: I accidently deleted a user in my laptop which had most of my data, now when I open the users folder I still see the old user and it asks for administrator permission but it doesn't open, how do I recover all the data stored in that user?...
  6. How to recover a deleted user profile ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover a deleted user profile ?: I accidentally deleted my main user account through the control panel but chose the "keep files" option. So my user folder is under C:\Users but i cant find a way to revert all of them back to my previous state. If that is possible at all. I tried creating a new user and...
  7. Cannot recover files from a deleted user account

Cannot recover files from a deleted user account: I deleted my original administrator account. I selected the "yes" to keep my files and it said that it will appear as a folder in my desktop. The laptop screen proceeded to hang for a really long time so I had to restart it because it was almost 30 minutes with the frozen...
  8. I need to recover a deleted user account..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need to recover a deleted user account..: I recently had to pawn my laptop computer to be able to pay my rent, I picked it back up yesterday and noticed that since they assumed I was not going to pick it back up (I was late on the last payment by one day) they deleted my user account, now none of my program files...
  9. Recover files from a deleted user account

Recover files from a deleted user account: I found I needed to delete a user account from my system. Now I'm using an alternate user account (administrator) but I find several files are not complete or not accessible. When I try to open some files I'm told I don't have permission to open this file even though this...
  10. recover deleted files

in Windows 10 Support
    recover deleted files: Hello, I realise this problem would be similar regardless of which Windows being used. I partitioned my HD and moved documents to new partition. Mistakenly removed the partition without restoring files. Is there any way of recovering the lost files? Thank You 21072