Windows 10: Recover deleted volume C and D

Discus and support Recover deleted volume C and D in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After last windows 11 update my system stopped working.. Only blue screen..uninstalled future updates , quality updates.. tried recovery option.. but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Althaf__, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Althaf__ Win User

Recover deleted volume C and D

After last windows 11 update my system stopped working.. Only blue screen..uninstalled future updates , quality updates.. tried recovery option.. but nothing worked..So i followed some yt vids and created bootable pendrive to reinstall windows.. but some error showed up and i realised that my ssd is encrypted by bitlocker..I have key.. but couldn't find a way to use it to decrypt..So i searched for a solution then tried to 'diskpart clean' on volume C.. following this vid..Now it shows like this image..Can't create new partition..Did Volume D also wiped?There is lots of valuable data there.. c

:)

Althaf__, Sep 26, 2022

2. Resize partition C

In order to extend C and recover space from D, you will need to delete the 866 MB Healthy Recovery Partition and the Storage D:\ partitions.

There appears to be data on the D:\ partition.

I recommend you backup any important data on that partition before deleting it. After deleting the partitions, you will be able to extend C:\

Steps:

Right click the ‘Healthy (Recovery Paritition) and the
    Storage (DRecover deleted volume C and D :)
    partitions in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition
    (CRecover deleted volume C and D :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2022
  3. need a remedy to finish action of C: drive enlargement by deleting drive D: delete volume in ghost modeneed further steps to proceed with C: drive enlargement

delete volume in (ghost mode) need further steps to proceed with C: drive enlargement as required for update to finish due to C: drive is full current size of c: is @ 181.49 GB / free space @ 790 MB: % free is 0. and d: is @ 729.21 GB / free space @
    727.03 GB: % free is 100

Jerry ShaggJenkins, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Recover deleted volume C and D

how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Recover deleted volume C and D

1. Recover deleted volume C and D - Similar Threads - Recover deleted volume

2. Recover deleted volume C and D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover deleted volume C and D: After last windows 11 update my system stopped working.. Only blue screen..uninstalled future updates , quality updates.. tried recovery option.. but nothing worked..So i followed some yt vids and created bootable pendrive to reinstall windows.. but some error showed up and i...
  3. recover deleted volume on ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover deleted volume on ssd: how to recover a deleted volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-volume-on-ssd/a339c8b5-be85-46ec-bf0b-66a4e3e696b1
  4. recover deleted volume on ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover deleted volume on ssd: how to recover a deleted volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-volume-on-ssd/a339c8b5-be85-46ec-bf0b-66a4e3e696b1
  5. recover deleted volume on ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. recover deleted volume from ssd

recover deleted volume from ssd: how to recover a deleted volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-volume-from-ssd/a339c8b5-be85-46ec-bf0b-66a4e3e696b1
  7. recover deleted volume from ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover deleted volume from ssd: how to recover a deleted volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-volume-from-ssd/a339c8b5-be85-46ec-bf0b-66a4e3e696b1
  8. recover deleted volume from ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Help! Deleted D: drive and now I can't extend volume to C: ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Deleted D: drive and now I can't extend volume to C: ???: I don't even know where to start. My C: drive was reaching the red zone on space, so found and started following a help video on how to move the majority of my computers storage space from D: to C: In the video, he says to delete D: disk, and to then extend the volume of C:...
  10. How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D:

How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D:: I wonder if these are all colluded behind the scene, it is really disgusting. I have been using a Western Digital My Cloud, which is connected to my WiFi Router, a Belkin router. All a sudden, the driver (WD My Cloud) on Windows 10 reported that no device found (in my...