Windows 10: Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action

Discus and support Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was using the File Recovery tool to recover a folder from my external hard drive E with below steps: 1- winfr E: C: /regular 2- "Ctrl+C" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan_970, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Dan_970 Win User

Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action

Hello, I was using the File Recovery tool to recover a folder from my external hard drive E with below steps:

1- winfr E: C: /regular

2- "Ctrl+C" to cancel the process halfway through as I realized C drive did not have enough space

3- noted that my Drive C was missing around 135GB of disk space

Subsequent actions include:

** could not locate any folder created under drive C:\

** looked under Storage and it says 162GB classified as Others where 27GB is data in my drive C folders

** contacted support and advised me to Restore to a previous restore point used recent one from yesterday, ran the restore but it failed

Can anyone help me how to get back the 135GB disk space that may be used as temporary space by File Recovery tool?

Thanks so much!!

:)

Dan_970, Mar 21, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Mar 21, 2021
  3. MiST91 Win User
    Best software to recover files from formatted Hard Disk

Hi all, whats the best software available to recover deleted files from a formatted hard disk?
    i am asking because there are lots of crappy file recovery softwares that really dont work.

MiST91, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action

1. Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action - Similar Threads - Recover disk space

2. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  3. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  4. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot: Hello all,I have the hard disk from my grandmother’s old DELL Inspiron 530s, which ran Windows Vista. However, that computer did die due to a dead clock battery and power supply, but I recovered the hard disk. Because it is a SATA hard disk, I was able to plug it into my HP...
  6. Recover Unallocated Disk Space

Recover Unallocated Disk Space: How can I recover 15.18GB of unallocated space shown below: [ATTACH] preferably using Disk Management or cmd but not 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-unallocated-disk-space/fab332ab-883e-4f73-8645-d70c16d8728b
  7. Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup: I ran the disk clean up last night. I must have deleted a VERY IMPORTANT folder. There's no file restore or system restore points either for some reason. I'm freaking out. I REALLY REALLY need that folder and the contents inside back. I've tried EaseUS Data Recovery and...
  8. low space disk full on recovery disk

low space disk full on recovery disk: Windows 10 I keep getting a message Low disk space on my disk drive that contains the recovery file How can I make the disk bigger so this message wont appear as it only has the standard $recycle bin on it and I think that this is what is causing the problem as it sometimes...
  9. Recover unallocated space on data disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover unallocated space on data disk: I installed Windows 10 on a new PC, with OS on Samsung 950 PRO. For data disk, at this stage, I use a Samsung 840 PRO which I transferred from my old 8.1 PC. The data disk now shows in diskmanagment 351MB unallocated space, and 119 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition). How...
  10. Recovering the space of the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering the space of the recovery partition: I've seen references that Windows 10 does not require a recovery partition. I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with a 256GB SSD that has a 450MB rec partition. I bought it used so I dk whether it was upgraded from 7/8--probably--and the partition stayed there or was upgraded to...