Windows 10: Recover Documents after OS Recovery

Discus and support Recover Documents after OS Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago I was running a System Restore and after about an hour or two, the laptop restarted but I received a message saying there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cagill, Mar 3, 2019.

1. cagill Win User

Recover Documents after OS Recovery

A couple weeks ago I was running a System Restore and after about an hour or two, the laptop restarted but I received a message saying there was a problem with Windows 10, it was corrupted and it could not be loaded. I had to run OS Recovery to reinstall Windows. This recovery would wipe clean my laptop and restore it to original factory setting. My laptop is fairly new, about 2 months old, so I did not have many apps or files on it; but I did transfer some Word documents from an old laptop on to the new laptop. Also, I never created a recovery drive.

The question I have is there any way to recover these Word documents? Are they completely gone or are they within the system somewhere?

:)

cagill, Mar 3, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Office documents are corrupted after recovery

Experts,

I have recovered my Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) by a data recovery application. It recovered file successfully but now, they are corrupt. I have around 79 files.
    Please suggest me.

murdokonjit, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Recover Documents after OS Recovery

.Recover shredded document in Word

Hi Janice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open word application and click the File tab.
    2. Click on Info > Manage Document >
      Recover Unsaved Documents.
    3. A list of unsaved files are shown.
    4. Look for the file try opening and saving it.

You can also refer to
    Back up and restore your files
    under the section Restore your files for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Recover Documents after OS Recovery

1. Recover Documents after OS Recovery - Similar Threads - Recover Documents Recovery

2. Data Recovery - Word Document Recovered, But Text Illegible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Recovery - Word Document Recovered, But Text Illegible: Hello and thank you in advance for any help and direction. Objective: I need to recover the content of a word document. Backstory: My Mom's laptop is dysfunctional and basically it rebooted and her Windows 10 looked like a new install and all her folders were cleaned-out, and...
  3. Recovering encrypted files after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering encrypted files after OS reinstall: I encrypted a drive with my Microsoft account and now I am locked out. I can't recover the key to unlock my OS either. If I reinstall the operating system will I be able to recover the encrypted drive with the same password?...
  4. To recover document

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To recover document: My laptop all files are converted in to .carote file format. All my personal files are hidden. Even I use scanner malwarebyte, I cannot recover my laptop. How to resolve this problem....
  5. To recover document

To recover document: My laptop all files are converted in to .carote file format. All my personal files are hidden. Even I use scanner malwarebyte, I cannot recover my laptop. How to resolve this problem....
  6. recovering files after partition recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovering files after partition recovery: I restored a Macrium image on my C: drive but forgot that I'd written a couple of Cubase projects between the making of the image (20th July) and the restore date (25th July) I usually write the Cubase projects to a different disk AND a backup but overlooked these 2 for some...
  7. Recover a document

Recover a document: how can I recover a 594 Word document from February 3rd 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-document/49110b59-4d7a-4b42-b12c-192abd6285fc
  8. Recover my antimalware after a recovery.

Recover my antimalware after a recovery.: I did a Windows recovery to defaults with keeping my personal files. The antimalware I had was deleted and I cannot recover it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-my-antimalware-after-a-recovery/c48da949-c161-44bb-907d-1e0c5810c544
  9. Office documents are corrupted after recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Office documents are corrupted after recovery: Experts, I have recovered my Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) by a data recovery application. It recovered file successfully but now, they are corrupt. I have around 79 files. Please suggest me. 123743
  10. Missing document after OS reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Missing document after OS reset: Hi all My first post here, and I'd really appreciate your help. My wife told me that when she logged on into her account yesterday, she found that everything that was on her desktop had disappeared. This came as the last straw - I had been battling with poor...