Windows 10: Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy after trojan attack

Discus and support Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy after trojan attack in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jul 18, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy after trojan attack

Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy

:)

sanyijani, Jul 18, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 18, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changing downloads folder location

The tutorial section is the place to look:
    Move Location of Downloads Folder in Windows 10

Please take note of this
    and make sure you create a disk image (so repeatedly recommended here) before doing so e.g. Macrium Reflect (free)

It's easy to make a bad mistake doing this, and it's almost certain no-one is going to help you try to recover (it's too hard).

Rt click it and use the Location tab.

Personally I leave the default folders alone, and create my own. They can be added to libraries as necessary.

dalchina, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy after trojan attack

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy after trojan attack

1. Recover downloads folder or downloads history what is easy after trojan attack - Similar Threads - Recover downloads folder

2. PC attacked by Trojan. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC attacked by Trojan. What do I do?: My PC was attacked with Trojan after I copied a file from an external ssd. I realised it when my Avast Antivirus suddenly started catching trojans at random, all over the place. Shortcuts of my softwares and games started going missing. Some .blend files lost their icon and...
  3. PC attacked by Trojan. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC attacked by Trojan. What do I do?: My PC was attacked with Trojan after I copied a file from an external ssd. I realised it when my Avast Antivirus suddenly started catching trojans at random, all over the place. Shortcuts of my softwares and games started going missing. Some .blend files lost their icon and...
  4. PC attacked by Trojan. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...: While attempting to sync my downloads with OneDrive I forgot to create the new folder and accidentally merged my downloads with OneDrive. Thus, I had no downloads folder and the shortcut for downloads in the "This PC" still had the downloads icon but was called OneDrive and...
  6. After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...: While attempting to sync my downloads with OneDrive I forgot to create the new folder and accidentally merged my downloads with OneDrive. Thus, I had no downloads folder and the shortcut for downloads in the "This PC" still had the downloads icon but was called OneDrive and...
  7. Recover windows old folder after it just disappeared after format or trojan attack windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover windows old folder after it just disappeared after format or trojan attack windows...: Recover windows old folder after it just disappeared after format or trojan attack windows old 10 was good then there is no windows old 11 its deleted even i choosed keep my files why did i reinstalled the system idk what folder was downloads or 1 or 2 or 3 i got 600...
  8. How to Recover files from infected hard drive after a Trojan Attack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Recover files from infected hard drive after a Trojan Attack: My computer is infected with trojan virus and it is infected in hard drive I dont have a proper backup how do I recover all the files after the virus has formatted my pc. And my PC is not responding since months the keyboard is working but the screen has windows 10 layout...
  9. Trojan attack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trojan attack: Hi After a trojan attack my CPU of 8 core start working with just 4 core and get frozen all the time. I have reinstall the windows, set up all 8 core on Bios and used some software to put the 8 core working but nothing resolve the problem. Any advice will be very...
  10. malware/ trojan attacking browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware/ trojan attacking browsers: Hi there, to cut a long story short , my sisters toshiba satellite was running very very slow . ;installed adware cleaner and malwarebytes and ran it .... it found many problems . I quarantined them and removed them but they came back ! The browsers have been taken over by...