Windows 10: Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

Discus and support Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey everyone,When I upgrade my laptop to an SSD, I had my HDD removed hoping that when I wanted to access my files, everything will be there. As time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel Liam, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

Hey everyone,When I upgrade my laptop to an SSD, I had my HDD removed hoping that when I wanted to access my files, everything will be there. As time went by, I wanted to get access to those encrypted files that could also only be access from the HDD. The encrypted files are stored in an external disk. I removed the SSD from my pc and inserted the HDD to find that the HDD wanted me to installed windows again, which I did. The computer got renamed and the encrypted files were no longer accessible by the HDD. How do I go about recovering those files? Are they salvable? Thank you in advance.

:)

Daniel Liam, Sep 19, 2022

2. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

Hey,

I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd.

The laptop does not have an additional hdd option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nikaash

NikaashSenpai, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

Replacing HDD with SSD

I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, and attempted to replace the 1TB HDD with a new 500 GB SSD (not a problem as I was fresh installing not cloning and will not even use 500 GB). I initialised the (Crucial MX500) SSD in Windows 10, with the same partition type
    as HDD (GPT) and a new simple volume, and it said it completed successfully. I created an installation media disk from the MS website on to a USB stick, replaced the HDD with the SSD, plugged in the installation media and attempted a fresh install of Windows
    10. Setup picked up the SSD, showing a reserved and primary partition, but when I clicked on next, it told me it could not find a partition or create a new one, and to check out the setup logs (not sure where to find them).

I would appreciate any help that can be given.

HarryH2010, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

1. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and... - Similar Threads - Recover encrypted files

2. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...: Hey everyone,When I upgrade my laptop to an SSD, I had my HDD removed hoping that when I wanted to access my files, everything will be there. As time went by, I wanted to get access to those encrypted files that could also only be access from the HDD. The encrypted files are...
  3. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...: Hey everyone,When I upgrade my laptop to an SSD, I had my HDD removed hoping that when I wanted to access my files, everything will be there. As time went by, I wanted to get access to those encrypted files that could also only be access from the HDD. The encrypted files are...
  4. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I'm planning on replacing my original HDD with an SSD using a clean install. Can I ask Microsoft for a copy of the original disk image of my system? I have a Pavilion g4-2013tx that came originally with a Windows 7. TIA....
  5. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I'm planning on replacing my original HDD with an SSD using a clean install. Can I ask Microsoft for a copy of the original disk image of my system? I have a Pavilion g4-2013tx that came originally with a Windows 7. TIA....
  6. HDD replacement with SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD replacement with SSD: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language. I want to replace my current HDD with a SSD. I do not have any license/activation key for the operating system. How do I proceed?...
  7. Replacing HDD with an SSD

Replacing HDD with an SSD: I plan to replace my HDD with an SSD because I want my laptop to run faster and it failed a diagnostics test. I don't know why it failed but, I don't want to corrupt my new SSD. What happens if I don't clone the HDD to the SSD? Will I need to buy a windows 10 product key?...
  8. RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD

RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD: My Son has just bought a pre-owned PC with an SSD and HDD. The PC was in an unknown state so I performed a clean Win 10 install on the SSD before looking at the HDD. It looks to me as if the previous owner had upgraded the PC from an HDD only to one that would boot off the...
  9. Replacing HDD with SSD

Replacing HDD with SSD: I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, and attempted to replace the 1TB HDD with a new 500 GB SSD not a problem as I was fresh installing not cloning and will not even use 500 GB. I initialised the Crucial MX500 SSD in Windows 10, with the same partition type as HDD GPT and a new...
  10. Replacing HDD with a SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing HDD with a SSD: Hi, I am planning to update my Dell inspiron 15 5570 with a SSD According to the laptop's spec sheet it supports M.2 NVMe SSD up to 512 GB Below is the one I think should be fine for the task: Amazon link What are the things I should take into consideration while...