Windows 10: Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files

Discus and support Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to recover an encryption key from the files in /Users/(user)/AppData/Microsoft/Crypt/RSA? My exported encryption key was lost when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NW8873, May 25, 2019.

1. NW8873 Win User

Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files

Is it possible to recover an encryption key from the files in /Users/(user)/AppData/Microsoft/Crypt/RSA? My exported encryption key was lost when my backup drive failed.

Windows 10 OS

:)

NW8873, May 25, 2019

2. How to open recovered encrypted files

Hi Navid,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

You can lose access to encrypted files if you install a new operating system or upgrade your current one, or if your current operating system fails. The following steps can help you regain access to encrypted files.

As you have stated that, the recovered files belonged to the previous OS I would suggest that you transfer the encrypted files to an external drive and perform the steps mentioned below:

• Insert the USB that your certificate and key are saved on.
    • Open Certificate Manager open Run Command and type
      certmgr.msc
      in the dialog box, and then press Enter.‌

Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, click Personal.

• Click the Action menu, point to All Tasks, and then click
      Import. This opens the Certificate Import wizard
      and then click Next.
    • Click Browse and navigate to the file's location, click
      Open, and then click Next.
    • If you have navigated to the right location but don't see the certificate you are importing, then, in the list next to the
      File name box, click Personal Information Exchange.
    • Type the password, select the Mark this key as exportable check box, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Place all certificates in the following store, confirm that the
      Personal store is indicated, click Next, and then click
      Finish.
    • After you import the certificate, you should have access to the encrypted files.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 25, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, May 25, 2019
  4. Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files

encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files

1. Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files - Similar Threads - Recover Encryption Key

2. Recovering EFS encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering EFS encrypted files?: My Windows Laptop recently was damaged and I've had to replace it with a new similar machine. I am trying to recover some files from the original broken machine which are unfortunately not recently backed-up. Since the SSD C: drive from the old machine is undamaged and fully...
  3. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  4. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  5. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. recovering encrypted file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recovering encrypted file: My PC was attacked by .coot ransomware, which encrypted all of my files. Is there any way to recover the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/recovering-encrypted-file/2af2e310-cfcb-4cdb-8321-ac4cb1d0fb3e
  7. Recover files from encrypted SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files from encrypted SSD drive?: Hi . Is there any way or trick to recover files from SSD encrypted drive? Encryption from bitlocker on it self , due changing in the bios! So i have super important files in that drive ! Please any help?...
  8. Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files

Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files: Is it possible to recover an encryption key from the files in /Users/(user)/AppData/Microsoft/Crypt/RSA? My exported encryption key was lost when my backup drive failed. Windows 10 OS 133371
  9. Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Encryption Key from AppData Files: Is it possible to recover an encryption key from the files in /Users/(user)/AppData/Microsoft/Crypt/RSA? My encryption key was lost when my backup drive failed. Windows 10 OS...
  10. Recover encrypted files by virus

Recover encrypted files by virus: Hello people. A friend of mine brought his computer to me to see if I am able to clear an encrypted mess done by a virus. Is it possible to recover that encrypted data? I know it may be almost impossible due to the lack of private key but I have an app called...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. finding windows encryption certificate files appdata