Windows 10: Recover Fat32 partition

Discus and support Recover Fat32 partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had partitioned my D drive to install Linux. It did not install properly, now I am left with 3 partitions 1. The original D drive, now shrunk 500GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NitishSingh3, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Recover Fat32 partition

I had partitioned my D drive to install Linux.

It did not install properly, now I am left with 3 partitions

1. The original D drive, now shrunk 500GB

2. 200 MB partition

3. An unallocated partition 400GB

I am not able to use the 3rd partition.

I just want it all to be back into 1 drive - D drive

:)

NitishSingh3, Jan 5, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Recover Fat32 partition

in w10, how make a partition with FAT32 File-System

Dear PJ/PCR just PCR:

Your reply to my key. Especially the 1st point: (1) Why do you want to do it?

Due to unexpected incidents, virus attack or failure installing a program,…., I often

do backup and reinstall the OS of XP.

The way is to boot into DOS and do backup or reinstall the OS in the FAT32 partition

with “GHOST v11” [by the way, my fat32 partition is 44 gb]

Because DOS can not recognize NTFS, so I need a FAT32 partition for store Backup file of the OS/C:

I did heard that beginning from w7, the OS can be recovered of days/weeks ago easily. Is this true??

If there is another way to recover OS that was using earlier, then I don’t need to boot in DOS and don’t

need a partition in FAT32.

Anyway, my key is to be able to recover the OS that I was using sometime ago. If you know the newer way

than I did, please tell the method clearly

!

Waiting for your reply.

HonglinZhao, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Recover Fat32 partition

1. Recover Fat32 partition - Similar Threads - Recover Fat32 partition

2. recover the partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover the partition: how can I recover my data of the partition which was accidently deleted from disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-the-partition/5131e160-093a-4a61-9dbe-0553224319f4
  3. recover the partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover the partition: how can I recover my data of the partition which was accidently deleted from disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-the-partition/5131e160-093a-4a61-9dbe-0553224319f4
  4. Recovering a Lost Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering a Lost Partition: Hi all, I am hoping you can help me with the following issue relating to partitions in Windows 10: I recently had the need to create a recovery drive using Windows 10. When I read the instructions on this, they stated that when I initiated the recovery drive process,...
  5. Recovering Healthy Partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Healthy Partitions: During this morning's Window's update, my backup drive lost 3 out of 4 partitions. It rebooted and all of a sudden, three partitions were no more. The data is there, the drive letters show up, but if you try to access them, it wants to reformat the partition. I have run it...
  6. Recovering Lost Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Lost Partitions: I had recently lost some of my disc partitions due to some error while dual booting with an Ubuntu OSwhich is also inaccessible now. These lost partitions are not accessible from the Windows disc management application and even though they are unallocated spaces, I am unable...
  7. Recovering OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering OEM Partition: I accidentally formatted OEM Partition using Diskpart during assigning name to drive. Now I don't know how to recover it. When I try to create a recovery Drive by CMD or Recovery Options It is giving error that "Some files are Missing" and cmd error "REAGENTC.EXE: The...
  8. fat32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fat32: is that a good format for a USB for downloading win10 media tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32/a3b94e7e-b103-4cb7-a11b-00db6a495363
  9. Recover partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover partition: I had partitioned my D drive to install Linux. It did not install properly, now I am left with 3 partitions 1. The original D drive, now shrunk 500GB - NTFS 2. 200 MB partition - No file system mentioned 3. An unallocated partition 400GB I am not able to use the 3rd...
  10. Creating partition size greater than 32GB in FAT32.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating partition size greater than 32GB in FAT32.: As we all know maximum partition size in Windows is 32GB if fat32. This is oddly a Windows limit, not a fat32 limit There are various 3rd party tools that will format large drives as fat32. Today, I needed to format a 64GB drive as fat32 as I needed it to be bootable,...