Windows 10: Recover Files from Crashed Computer

Discus and support Recover Files from Crashed Computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After 10 years, my dad's desktop computer finally died. Physically it was only the motherboard and CPU that crashed. The HDD and all his files are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Deacon JJJDM, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Recover Files from Crashed Computer

After 10 years, my dad's desktop computer finally died. Physically it was only the motherboard and CPU that crashed. The HDD and all his files are still good. So he bought a brand new computer with a brand new Windows 10 OS, and a brand new Microsoft Office. The new computer is already setup internally for a second HDD, so I simply installed his old HDD into the available slot as a second SATA HDD. It works Great! All his pictures migrated fine. The problem is that he also needs all his documents.... 10 years of *.docx files.... but the security between the old and new Windows 10 security will not allow him to access the documents from the old HDD. All 6 GB of Word docs are there but hidden, over 21K files I know this because I can see the file count and file size in the old user "Documents" folder. Does anyone know how I migrate his Word documents to his new computer? The old computer is toast, so re-installing the old HDD back into the old computer simply to trick the security to allow access is not an option. And installing the old HDD as the primary drive in the new computer will not work either since the old Windows 10 OS has the old CPU and mother board serial numbers encoded, so it will not recognize the new computer as registered hardware.

:)

Deacon JJJDM, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Bo$$ Win User
    Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Bo$$, Mar 2, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Recover Files from Crashed Computer

DRDNA, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Recover Files from Crashed Computer

1. Recover Files from Crashed Computer - Similar Threads - Recover Files Crashed

2. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  3. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  4. File History crashing when attempting to recover files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History crashing when attempting to recover files: Hi,I was messing around with batch and deleted a good chunk of files from my user folder, however I have a file history backup but clicking refresh simply causes it to crash, currently I'm simply copying the saved files from file history, but they have an annoying timestamp...
  5. computer crashed and had to recover.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    computer crashed and had to recover.: computer crashed and had to recover. originally had windows 7 which was upgraded to windows 10. after recovery the computer wants me to activate; however i do not have an activation key except for windows 7. . looking for advice...
  6. computer crashed and had to recover.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashed and had to recover.: computer crashed and had to recover. originally had windows 7 which was upgraded to windows 10. after recovery the computer wants me to activate; however i do not have an activation key except for windows 7. . looking for advice...
  7. computer crashed and had to recover.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can we recover lost files after a computer crash?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can we recover lost files after a computer crash?: In the middle of recovering my personal files from " Windows.old" folder after "Custom Install Windows 10", the computer crashed blue screen with error message.After a forced reboot, I went back to "Windows.old" folder to continue recovering my personal files. Much to my...
  9. recover from crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recover from crash: Hello. Trying to recover from a disaster. Win 10 computer became infected or crashed hard to tell. Would not boot. Got new drive to replace sys drive c: . Microsoft tech support helped me create on my laptop which incidentally is also dead now a bootable ISO Win 10 image on a...
  10. Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive: I did a search for answers to my problem and didn’t find what I needed. I apologize in advance, but I am desperate to recover my data. Sorry for the long post but here is the history leading to my problem. Recently MS did an update to my Windows 10 (believe 1703?). After that...