Windows 10: Recover Formatted storage

Discus and support Recover Formatted storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey Community, So i wanted to install Linux Kali on a VM For educational purposes using the free usb tool "Rufus", i didnt click the correct drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HTMLHarry007, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Recover Formatted storage

Hey Community,

So i wanted to install Linux Kali on a VM For educational purposes using the free usb tool "Rufus", i didnt click the correct drive and now i have a formatted drive with nothing on it, please keep in mind that i use this for my main downloads so apps i use on a daily basis such as Microsoft VS code and Atom editor are gone, there download and saved location directory

Please can someone help me recover this data for free,

Many thanks,

Harry :

:)

HTMLHarry007, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Bo$$ Win User
    Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

4. Recover Formatted storage

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Recover Formatted storage

1. Recover Formatted storage - Similar Threads - Recover Formatted storage

2. how to format a crashed usb storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format a crashed usb storage: my usb storage is not picking up on my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-crashed-usb-storage/2dd7f2a8-a57f-4ecd-aae1-1656dde976a1
  3. how to format a crashed usb storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to format a crashed usb storage: my usb storage is not picking up on my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-crashed-usb-storage/2dd7f2a8-a57f-4ecd-aae1-1656dde976a1
  4. Erase/Format Storage Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Erase/Format Storage Space: I'm having difficulty figuring out how to erase a storage space and reformat it. Any suggestions, or links you can share? Thanks... 181631
  5. Recover formated device files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover formated device files: Can I can recover some files from my c drive which I formatted Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-formated-device-files/b7807110-d05b-45ca-aff8-0d65864b7b9e
  6. Recover Formatted Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Formatted Drive: We say "it can never happen to me", until it does...the unthinkable!!! I have a WD external 1tb backup drive that has my families archive on it. Everything. 20 years worth of backups. This is the cruel, cruel ironic part of this tragic tale - I got a second WD external...
  7. formatting a storage device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    formatting a storage device: how can i format a seagate storage device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-storage-device/78c0989b-6d52-4175-bb9f-baedfa56db0f
  8. recover addresses and storage files in Webmail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recover addresses and storage files in Webmail: Recover addresses/contacts and "sub-email files" not worked properly since last update. When check to restore too much time has passed for that fix....
  9. Recover Formatted HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover Formatted HD: I accidentally quick formatted one of my audio data hard drives. I then used Recuva to recover my data. Recuva recovered everything but there are no directories or file structure. In other words, there are 326 files called bass1, bass2 etc. There are 1,236 vocal files, 657...
  10. recovering files from a formatted drive

in Windows 10 Support
    recovering files from a formatted drive: What is the best and cheapest software to recover files from a formatted usb hard drive (WD Elements) 89011