Windows 10: Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

Discus and support Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jipped05, Apr 21, 2022.

1. jipped05 Win User

Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and install it to a new hard drive? I have a thumb drive with MediaCreationTool on it ready to go.

:)

jipped05, Apr 21, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 21, 2022
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change - Similar Threads - Recover Free upgrade

2. Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I previously upgraded my PC to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period however reverted this back post-upgrade due to incompatibility with another software package I use.This incompatibility has since been resolved and my question is how/can I reinstall the free upgrade to...
  3. Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I previously upgraded my PC to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period however reverted this back post-upgrade due to incompatibility with another software package I use.This incompatibility has since been resolved and my question is how/can I reinstall the free upgrade to...
  4. Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  6. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  7. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change: Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and...
  8. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change: Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and...
  9. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  10. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT USE MY PRODUCT KEY FROM WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO FREE UPGRADE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-after-free-upgrading-from/282f861b-a36d-44c6-9b73-f0e32f2e5453"