Windows 10: "Recover from a drive" not showing under "Troubleshoot" options.

Discus and support "Recover from a drive" not showing under "Troubleshoot" options. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to reset my laptop, and been at it for 2 days now. The current option I am persuing is to boot from a recovery media USB. I just now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertBN89, Nov 1, 2020.

1. "Recover from a drive" not showing under "Troubleshoot" options.

I am trying to reset my laptop, and been at it for 2 days now. The current option I am persuing is to boot from a recovery media USB. I just now successfully made this USB from the settings -> Update and Security - Recovery menu, and it was automatically named "Recovery" and format changed from NTFS to FAT32. Along with the "success" message at the end of the whole process I'm feeling confident I was successful in making the recovery drive.

Then, I shut down the laptop holding SHIFT in, to properly power it down. When starting it up, I interputed the startup by pressing ENTER to enter the boot menu. I saw a USB option there I DID notice it was not called "recovery" which was the drive name that was showing in file explorer after I made the recovery-thingy on it. But things continued as expected, so I won't get stuck on that. I got to choose a keyaboard layout language - also as expected.

Then, from the blue screen with the title "Choose an option" where you see "Continue" and "Use a Device" and "Troubleshoot" I click "Troubleshoot" as instructed by the guide Im following, but I do NOT get what is expected.

What I expect is to have the title at the top say "Troubleshoot" - which makes sense that IS what I am clicking on and have the options "Recovery from a drive" and "Advanced options". I kinda want to click that first option there.

What I GET when I click "Troubleshoot" is a new screen with options but the title is "Advanced options" which I haven't clicked on, and 6 options - none of which is "recover from a drive". I have Startup repair, UEFI Firmware settings, System Image Recovery and some more.

What might be wrong here?:S
    I am not looking for other tips to "Reset PC" - I have tried them all I think. I want to persue this option of recovering from a drive.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,
    Robert

:)

RobertBN89, Nov 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

Tenforo, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

"Recover from a drive" not showing under "Troubleshoot" options.

1. "Recover from a drive" not showing under "Troubleshoot" options. - Similar Threads - Recover drive showing

2. Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore: I have mapped 2 drives from my house PC to my laptop. I have full access to the drives and they work just fine: However, when i go to settings, backup, and it asks to select a drive, it USED to see my mapped drives, and now it shows "no drives available" If i put in a usb...
  3. Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore: I have mapped 2 drives from my house PC to my laptop. I have full access to the drives and they work just fine: However, when i go to settings, backup, and it asks to select a drive, it USED to see my mapped drives, and now it shows "no drives available" If i put in a usb...
  4. Mapped drives not showing up under backup options anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recover from a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover from a drive: If we choose keep my files delete all the drive files or restore only c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-from-a-drive/36794fec-ebb9-4b0c-afb5-70764e93f598
  6. Recover from a drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover from a drive: If we choose keep my files delete all the drive files or restore only c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-from-a-drive/36794fec-ebb9-4b0c-afb5-70764e93f598
  7. troubleshoot only shows two options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    troubleshoot only shows two options: first my laptop wouldn’t let me log in to my user so i tried entering the safe mode and it wont let methen i chose start up repair and it told me “log file c /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt”so i tried this method in the command...
  8. Adavance options under Troubleshoot asking for password before every options. Password...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adavance options under Troubleshoot asking for password before every options. Password...: Hi My pc didn't boot I got error 101 Initialisation error. After that I tried automatic repair but that did not work.The next option for me was to go for Advance option and then Troubleshoot. Under Troubleshoot every option viz Startup Repair, Command prompt, System restore...
  9. Recover from a drive" not showing under "Troubleshoot" options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover from a drive" not showing under "Troubleshoot" options.: I have created a USB installation media using this article https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013874/#A5 When I boot from the USB there is no option to recover from the USB drive....
  10. "Recover from drive" option missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Recover from drive" option missing: I disable s mode on my surface go to have a full version of windows 10 installed on it. Today, I wanted to reinstall s mode on my surface. I found online steps on how to install s mode, but when it said to choose "recover from drive" option in the advanced startup, mine was...