Windows 10: recover from crash

Discus and support recover from crash in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Trying to recover from a disaster. Win 10 computer became infected or crashed hard to tell. Would not boot. Got new drive to replace sys drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeMAnderson, Jan 7, 2020.

1. recover from crash

Hello. Trying to recover from a disaster. Win 10 computer became infected or crashed hard to tell. Would not boot. Got new drive to replace sys drive c: . Microsoft tech support helped me create on my laptop which incidentally is also dead now a bootable ISO Win 10 image on a thumb drive. I used that to do a clean install on this c: drive. Great. But now I have zero applications. All those data too is on my original c drive. I need to figure out how to move or reinstall all of those to my new c drive???

Data probably a simple copy but applications like office 365 and photoshop cloud and Norton and mozilla and so much more. Is there any help out there? Oh and I am a bit leery of putting the old c dive in as I dont know if it is infected or not.

TIA

George

:)

GeorgeMAnderson, Jan 7, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 7, 2020
  3. banger Win User
    Latest NVIDIA drivers keep crashing and recovering

GT610 and windows 10 latest drivers, was in firefox and chose print preview and got a black screen shortly followed by a banner saying the graphics driver had crashed and recovered. Also brought firefox to its knees as it also crashed. Repeated the previous steps and it was ok. Has randomly black screened on other things like the remote desktop modern app but again repeated steps and it didnt re-occur, anyone else seeing this, bad driver?

Tim

banger, Jan 7, 2020
  4. recover from crash

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

recover from crash

1. recover from crash - Similar Threads - recover crash

2. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  3. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  4. When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error: I am trying to recover my Bitlocker key for my home device and when I click on the page top show me the key, it crashes with an error. I've tried from a work PC, Ipad, and phone. The page to see your keys starts to pop open and then crashes and says "something happened, try...
  5. When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error

When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error: I am trying to recover my Bitlocker key for my home device and when I click on the page top show me the key, it crashes with an error. I've tried from a work PC, Ipad, and phone. The page to see your keys starts to pop open and then crashes and says "something happened, try...
  6. When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate: When change my resolution in a game or i system my computer screen goes blank.So when i start up a game and change the resolution settings or if i change the resolution or change my frame rate in my system settings my screen will go black. the only way to get out of it is to...
  7. When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate

When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate: When change my resolution in a game or i system my computer screen goes blank.So when i start up a game and change the resolution settings or if i change the resolution or change my frame rate in my system settings my screen will go black. the only way to get out of it is to...
  8. How do I recover documents pictures on OneDrive if my Laptop crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover documents pictures on OneDrive if my Laptop crashes?: Hi,I just finally got OneDrive and downloaded copies of my pictures, files etc to One Drive.In non technical terms since I'm not technical literate, can you please let me know if my lap top crashes where do I go to get those files I saved in the One Drive Cloud?...
  9. How do I recover documents pictures on OneDrive if my Laptop crashes?

How do I recover documents pictures on OneDrive if my Laptop crashes?: Hi,I just finally got OneDrive and downloaded copies of my pictures, files etc to One Drive.In non technical terms since I'm not technical literate, can you please let me know if my lap top crashes where do I go to get those files I saved in the One Drive Cloud?...
  10. Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...

Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...: Good afternoon, everyone. Yesterday I had the unfortunate experience of Bitlocker activating on my computer, even though I had NEVER activated it or knew of its existence. When I tried to log in to my Microsoft e-mail, I got the message that there had been several attempts...