Windows 10: Recover lock screen background

Discus and support Recover lock screen background in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where can I find the image that is displaying on the lock screen? This has been asked before but not answered. Some utility deleted C:\Temp where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by imajeff, Oct 25, 2021.

1. imajeff Win User

Recover lock screen background

Where can I find the image that is displaying on the lock screen? This has been asked before but not answered. Some utility deleted C:\Temp where the file was. I cannot recover the image any other way because it came from thispersondoesnotexist.com

:)

imajeff, Oct 25, 2021

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Lock Screen Background

Hi Jean,

It's possible that you are updating the wrong configuration setting. The
    Background
    setting under Windows Settings > Personalization will update the background picture that will be shown on your desktop where icons are placed. Meanwhile, the
    Lock screen setting will update the background picture that will be shown when you are logging in to your device.

To update your Lock scren setting, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Lock screen settings in the search bar and press
      Enter
    3. Under Background, make sure the it is set to Picture.
    4. Click the Browse button.
    5. Locate the picture that you want to set as lock screen background and click
      Choose picture

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Recover lock screen background - Similar Threads - Recover lock screen

2. Recover lock screen background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover lock screen background: Where can I find the image that is displaying on the lock screen? This has been asked before but not answered. Some utility deleted C:\Temp where the file was. I cannot recover the image any other way because it came from thispersondoesnotexist.com...
  3. Recover lock screen background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover lock screen background: Where can I find the image that is displaying on the lock screen? This has been asked before but not answered. Some utility deleted C:\Temp where the file was. I cannot recover the image any other way because it came from thispersondoesnotexist.com...
  4. Lock Screen Background

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background: I have checked Windows Spotlight on the Lock screen / Background, but the picture never changes. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/24a64239-4ff4-493d-ab96-a3694cbb914d
  5. lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen background: hello, I set a custom lock screen and when booting up my PC crashed. when it restarted the lock screen became the default windows lock screen is this a bug or is it supposed to happen...
  6. Locked screen background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked screen background: Hi all, I have a problem with my locked screen background. This morning I went to work, and it was still a Windows Spotlight picture. I did a quick nap, and when I turned my computer back on, it was not a Windows Spotlight picture anymore, but instead it was a picture that...
  7. lock screen background

lock screen background: i cannot change me lock screen background, like i cannot press this button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/f795fca4-1d28-4cf7-9232-fdb25e16f5bc
  8. Recover Lock Screen Picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recover Lock Screen Picture: I updated to Windows 10 but my lock screen picture didn't save. Luckily I found my background picture online. The lock screen picture was an online picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-lock-screen-picture/a54eaf49-478c-4ba6-ab66-b0307065ffb5
  9. lock screen background

lock screen background: My lock screen background is not updating even on windows spotlight mode and is stuck on the same background from the last days. This problem occurred sometime ago also, so at that time i changed the settings from windows spotlight to pictures mode, then again to windows...
  10. Lock Screen Background

Lock Screen Background: How can I stop the background picture, I want to keep on the lock screen background, from changing? I have the choices set to "picture", however, in the small boxes underneath the preview screen, not only is the picture I want to keep on the lock screen background shown in...