Windows 10: Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry

Discus and support Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In moving a batch of files from one sub-directory to another I lost the contents of folder. Not sure how I did that: I cannot replicate what I did. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, May 24, 2021.

1. Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry

In moving a batch of files from one sub-directory to another I lost the contents of folder. Not sure how I did that: I cannot replicate what I did. I did not have the cluster backed up: none of the files appear in the Recycle Bin The files were in a folder" C:\Users\mikei\Documents\00.sort.file\ukulele". I am not able to find two sample files using the LibreOffice Recent Documents drop-down menu. The individual files in the folder would be defined as *.pdf, *.jpeg, *. txt the best I can recall. There may be a sub-directory or two? I have installed: "Windows File Recovery Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved Version: 0.1.20151.0". I quickly reviewed: " How to Use Microsoft’s “Windows File Recovery” on Windows 10 " I have looked at the basic methods but I do have a clue how to search for a group of files in a sub-directory. Maybe is not possible? I have also downloaded Anyrecover and Easeus. I find both of these daunting. Thanks for your guidance.

:)

mikeincousa, May 24, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, May 24, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2021
  4. Macazine Win User

Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry

1. Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry - Similar Threads - Recover lost files

2. how to recover lost files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover lost files: so i recently took over my moms computer and accidently deleted her admin account. So what happened was she got this computer from a company called tencent, so her account was directly linked to tencent. But i needed this computer for school and it was set in chinese, so I...
  3. how to recover lost files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover lost files: so i recently took over my moms computer and accidently deleted her admin account. So what happened was she got this computer from a company called tencent, so her account was directly linked to tencent. But i needed this computer for school and it was set in chinese, so I...
  4. how to recover lost files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Quora quandry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quora quandry: I am somewhat addicted to Quora, I wish I was not, I waste too much time on it, but now I am being deprived of it by a peculiar glitch. When I try to read a posting and the answers / comments on it, the webpage gets stuck and only lets me read the first few lines. This may be...
  6. Recover lost files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover lost files on Windows 10: Hi, I cannot find any literature that categorically states that the new 'Windows File Recovery' programme cannot recover Outlook .pst files. I have just done the first scan which recovered a host of other files but not the .pst files. I will be grateful for advice on this...
  7. nikon nef files quandry

nikon nef files quandry: Hi All Have i got a problem or what?? i downloaded 429 nef filesnikon photos to a directory on my desktop a few weeks ago. I had a look at the directory a couple of days ago and i noticed the files were now a graphic of 2 mountains and a moon in the right corner and 2...
  8. Recover Lost Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Lost Files: How can I recover lost files? I am getting VERY tired of Microsoft's updates breaking my computer, which they have done twice in the last month. And this is not the first time, either. This time, after updating, it deleted files on my desk top, removed icons, and I had to...
  9. how to recover files lost by reinstalling windows 10

how to recover files lost by reinstalling windows 10: my laptop hung up in endless "automatic repair loop (blue screen), none of the recommended solutions have worked. Finally I have reinstalled Windows 10 Home by using Windows 10 Media creation Tool. During an installation I have seen the old files being saved (I think) The...
  10. Recovering recently lost files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering recently lost files: Please can somebody help. I am a photographer, I'm trying to recover .CR2 images that I had created and saved from the past few months. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day, after the laptop froze when using Spotify, and I turned off the laptop without Shutting...