Windows 10: Recover lost photos

Discus and support Recover lost photos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve lost files off my laptop - probably deleted by accident a few months ago. Not in my recycle bin, is there any other way to recover them? TYIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SeanWD1996, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Recover lost photos

I’ve lost files off my laptop - probably deleted by accident a few months ago. Not in my recycle bin, is there any other way to recover them? TYIA

submitted by /u/SeanWD1996
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SeanWD1996, Feb 11, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Recover lost photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Bo$$ Win User
    Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

4. figgirigh Win User

Recover lost photos

How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Recover lost photos

1. Recover lost photos - Similar Threads - Recover lost photos

2. Recover my lost Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover my lost Photos: I was transfering my photos from My android phone to laptop . Those were my Whats app pics and approx 15000 in number While transfering it kept me waiting or some time to calculate the approximate time to transfer but while it just start moving only folder appers in the...
  3. Recover my lost Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover my lost Photos: I was transfering my photos from My android phone to laptop . Those were my Whats app pics and approx 15000 in number While transfering it kept me waiting or some time to calculate the approximate time to transfer but while it just start moving only folder appers in the...
  4. Recovering lost Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering lost Email: My Elderly Grandfather has lost an email he has been working on all week, it was of great importance to him, we have searched everywhere on the emails, deleted items, Junk, etc. The email version is Windows Live Mail 2012, is there any way of finding this email? it was once...
  5. Recovering lost photos from the 'Phone Link' app?

Recovering lost photos from the 'Phone Link' app?: Hello, I recently lost my phone, and regrettably, didn't have many of my newer photos backed up. However, Microsoft Phone Link formerly Your Phone, still shows the thumbnails, which are pretty high quality, from the last time my phone synced a few days ago. Then when I click...
  6. Recovering lost photos from the 'Phone Link' app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering lost photos from the 'Phone Link' app?: Hello, I recently lost my phone, and regrettably, didn't have many of my newer photos backed up. However, Microsoft Phone Link formerly Your Phone, still shows the thumbnails, which are pretty high quality, from the last time my phone synced a few days ago. Then when I click...
  7. Recover Photos

Recover Photos: Hi I accidentally deleted some photos from my Onedrive and in the recycled bin as well, is there a way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-photos/995272c0-eacf-4bb5-8a8d-fe4baf5c85ec
  8. Recovering Lost Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Lost Partitions: I had recently lost some of my disc partitions due to some error while dual booting with an Ubuntu OSwhich is also inaccessible now. These lost partitions are not accessible from the Windows disc management application and even though they are unallocated spaces, I am unable...
  9. Recover Lost Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Lost Files: How can I recover lost files? I am getting VERY tired of Microsoft's updates breaking my computer, which they have done twice in the last month. And this is not the first time, either. This time, after updating, it deleted files on my desk top, removed icons, and I had to...
  10. RECOVER PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RECOVER PHOTOS: this am I moved photos from my camcard to "new folder" on my desktop screen. now I cant find them anywhere!!! what can I do to recover these photos from the camcard??? HELP!!! no, copies are NOT still on camcard, it was erased. please answer ASAP! these are important!...