Windows 10: RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION

Discus and support RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Foolishly I did a massive MOVE of numerous SharePoint Folders some months ago. It seems it got interrupted. The folders and files are not in their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kim Jacobs (admin), Oct 17, 2019.

1. RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION

Foolishly I did a massive MOVE of numerous SharePoint Folders some months ago. It seems it got interrupted. The folders and files are not in their original SharePoint location and are NOT in the new SharePoint location I tried to MOVE them to.

Neither are they in the Recycle Bin OR the secondary Recycle Bin.

This error of mine was done many months ago and I suspect the bin has been emptied or its all timed out.

Is there any way to recover them.

:)

Kim Jacobs (admin), Oct 17, 2019
  2. l1willia Win User

Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    SharePoint 2013 and Outlook

Hi Gloria,

We do understand that you want to work on your documents coming from SharePoint to Outlook. However, it is not possible to attach the files by default SharePoint as a copy. A connection is established between Outlook and SharePoint, when
    we attach a file they are attached from a cloud location and that’s why the files are attached as a link rather than a copy.

Here's a workaround, you can first try to sync the SharePoint files on your system
    locally and then browse the local folder to attach them directly as a file. To sync the files to your system, you have to use the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client. You can check this
    article
    for a detailed steps on how to install the sync client and how to sync the SharePoint and OneDrive files.

Regards.

Julie Ram, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION

SharePoint 2016 RTM and the Future of SharePoint event

Source: SharePoint 2016 RTM and the Future of SharePoint event - Office Blogs

Brink, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION

1. RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION - Similar Threads - RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT

2. SharePoint - UNC designation of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint - UNC designation of files: I am wishing to write directly to SharePoint using a windows based piece of software that is restricted to only being able to reference the UNC. The browser that is used at my organization is Edge, and I therefore am unable to see the UNC of a SharePoint file, which I believe...
  3. Recover File Metadata After Using SharePoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover File Metadata After Using SharePoint: My new company reimaged our laptops and installed Windows 10. Prior to this, I backed up the important files in SharePoint. When I downloaded them back to my laptop, every file had the same Date Created and Date Modified information. Is it possible to recover that vital...
  4. SharePoint file/folder shortcut

SharePoint file/folder shortcut: I have several documents I work on concurrently that are located in our SP directory. The files are often buried in several subfolders, so I like to add a shortcut to the files and/or specific folders and add to my desktop to get there quickly. However, since the last Windows...
  5. Renaming folders in Sharepoint

Renaming folders in Sharepoint: Hello, I renamed a folder in Teams, but the folder didn't get renamed in Sharepoint. I wanted to do that manually, but I couldn't. I got a message: To update this folder, go to the channel in Microsoft Teams. Do you have suggestion what to do?...
  6. SharePoint

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SharePoint: For my website, can I access SharePoint in home office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharepoint/690d8712-cfec-4419-9b4a-7f0a3eaf678a"
  7. Sharepoint links

Sharepoint links: We are new to Share point and want to make sure that when we send a link to a client they can definitely only see the documents in that link? I have been practising by sending a link / folder to my personal email address but from the link I can then go to all the other...
  8. Moving SharePoint From VM to Azure

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving SharePoint From VM to Azure: Hi, We have SharePoint site set up on two servers serving as App, Web and SQL servers on a VM. Are there any issues when moving to the Azure Environment? Do we have to reinstall the App and web server? Any issues with security accounts? Thanks...
  9. Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!

Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!: A problem I hope someone can help me with. On my laptop I had a problem in that my icons on the taskbar had become invisible and despite all the help in the forum, nothing worked. I then called on the MS chat help who were extremely helpful. They tried everything, which...
  10. SharePoint 2016 RTM and the Future of SharePoint event

in Windows 10 News
    SharePoint 2016 RTM and the Future of SharePoint event: Today marks Release to Manufacturing (RTM) of SharePoint Server 2016! This is an important milestone in the delivery of this significant release, which includes new capabilities for users, IT pros and administrators, as well as the next generation of hybrid capabilities for...