Windows 10: Recover lost Windows activation key

Discus and support Recover lost Windows activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; During the time of free Windows 10 upgrades I performed an online upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro with no requirement to purchase Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rob Leigh, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Rob Leigh Win User

Recover lost Windows activation key

During the time of free Windows 10 upgrades I performed an online upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro with no requirement to purchase Win 10 license. Recently my motherboard failed and I transferred my HDD to near clone hardware Lenovo G50-80 and since Windows has told me to activate, and the troubleshooter told me to install Home edition. How do I get back my Win 10 pro activated status when the only key I have is an old Win 7 pro?

:)

Rob Leigh, Jul 30, 2021

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data...

Nimra Imam, Jul 30, 2021
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Lost Windows XP Key

Tools that can be found to recover your key can be found there. Even if you wipped your drive there is a chance you can recover it.

I never said download a fake key. Besides there are 2 keys on windows xp pro. One on the disc, and one you can not see. Downing loading another key does not always work......

It was just more of a joke than anything....kinnda like Blaming Obama for EVERYTHING that could happen in life.

DaMulta, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Recover lost Windows activation key

lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

So Windows is already installed and refuses to activiate or are you not getting through the install because you don't have to key to put in the boxes?

If you were never prompted for a key, the key is embeded in the install disk. You can retrieve the key via the registry.

If the activation wizard is being bitchy as usual, it gives you the phone number you have to call. Call them up, explain your situation, and they'll give you what you need to make it go away.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Recover lost Windows activation key

1. Recover lost Windows activation key - Similar Threads - Recover lost activation

2. Recover a windows activation key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover a windows activation key.: I have an old purchase of microsoft windows 10, and I cannot activate it from Activation settings. It doesn't let me change the device. I have the purchase invoice in my account. How can I activate the product. I tried with the changed hardware recently, but it is not...
  3. Recover a windows activation key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a windows activation key.: I have an old purchase of microsoft windows 10, and I cannot activate it from Activation settings. It doesn't let me change the device. I have the purchase invoice in my account. How can I activate the product. I tried with the changed hardware recently, but it is not...
  4. Recover a windows activation key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost Bitlocker recover key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Bitlocker recover key.: After I did a system restore for the previous checkpoint, the system has been corrupted and cannot work at all by showing a blue screen. I tried to reset the PC with the feature of keeping my files. But it asks to insert the recovery key which is lost. I tried to find out if...
  6. lost activation key

lost activation key: hello I wish you can help me I update my laptop from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro when the update was free , put after time I forced to go back to windows 7 I have hp envy laptop by hitting f11 to restore it can I go back to window 10 pro I didn't save the key when o...
  7. Lost activation key!

Lost activation key!: I threw away my activation key last year and now am installing faster RAM and Windows is asking for my activation key, which I no longer have. Can you buy a new key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-activation-key/c1ffb953-d28b-4b22-a301-bd40c574f617
  8. Windows 10 Activation - recovering a lost key

Windows 10 Activation - recovering a lost key: Have had trouble with corruption on my hard drive. After boot time repair, Windows 10 thinks it is no longer activated and I cannot find any information on my product key. I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 several years ago. How in. Any ideas where that key...
  9. Recover Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Windows activation key: My computer is showing Your windows activation licence will expaired very soon please update activation key , however I do not know the windows Activation key actually my pc was damaged and went to service centre and repaired the pc and they installed windows in my pc, Now...
  10. Recovering lost Product Key

Recovering lost Product Key: How do I activate Windows 10 and get out of S-Mode if I have forgotten my key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-lost-product-key/6df5818f-0bf6-4f38-88a5-ce1d29b54e74"